The hotel is not the newest, but is a Great Value for good service by a great staff, decent buffet food, nice sit down restaurants (The manager and staff at the Italian place are awesome!), good drinks/bartenders, and fun and entertainment for the kids (and parents) around the pool. Crab races at night for the kids with "official" betting and odds (the Jamaican crab seemed to win a lot), and some decent entertainment acts (lets face it, it's not Vegas).
I say Great Value because we were there for 8 days in the middle of July and we booked an excursion or 2 each day with the money we saved on lodging. It not a place you go where people feel the need to show each other how much money they have (there are plenty of places you can pay triple in Montego Bay, Atlantis, etc. which we did previous years).
Concierge desk did a good job of arranging the excursions with little effort. Do the Falls and Jamaican Bobsled Tours.
Stay on the cabana side if you like quiet, you can always walk around to the main towers where the pool music is always going...we stayed in the main, North Tower
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grand
- Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.