If you are looking for high luxury, this is not the place, but it is a very nice place. However, we never intended to stay in room or on site all day. We do excursions - at least one a day.
If you want loud, party atmosphere stay in the North Tower. For the quieter stay, stay in South Tower or Cabanas. We had requested the South Tower when booking and during online check-in. When we got there, only North Tower rooms were available. It took 2 days but they finally got us moved to the cabanas. Check in is long and the same forms I completed online, I still had to do in person. Only encountered 1 rude person (staff and excursions) on entire trip and that was during check-in.
Food was good but not great. They are cooking for all guest so food can be blander. Drinks were good - enough alcohol but not too much. Many from other hotels complained of weak drinks. Recommend the Caribbean restaurant for dinner. They request men to wear long pants for non-buffet restaurants. Many do not follow and are seated.
Non-water sports are included. Take the Hobie cat ride. Waterslide is fun even for an adult. Snorkeling is hit or miss. Beach is shallower so do not be afraid. Excursions are available for booking at hotel. Recommend seeing Phillicia at the Apple Vacations desk. Shops\market are right outside of hotel. We never made it to them, but if you like the market\haggle experience, it is right outside of the gates.
For those that cannot do without there electronics, WiFi is a pay service and is only available in the lobby. Just buy the $30 for the week package.
Tips are included in price so you can don't need anything on site. However, we tipped because honestly the staff bust their butts for you. Staff are conditioned not to take it and many did not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios