When we arrived after a 2 hour bus journey from the airport, we entered through a side door, into a room, where they proceeded to try and allocate rooms, on our e-ticket it stated that we had an ocean front view, so lady just tore that piece from my ticket – thank goodness I didn’t need that part for the return journey! We were then told that if we wanted a safe or beach towels, we would have to head to the main lobby check in desk to request these. After getting our room key, we then had 3 lifts (from South Tower, through main lobby into North Lobby) to get to our room.
Our room was in the North Tower 10th floor, when the lift doors opened – you could have gotten high from the smoke! Found balcony had a screen over the railings, therefore no view for our 4 year old – only way he could see was standing on the table and chairs and leaning over – NOT VERY SAFE ON 10TH FLOOR.
No fridge in room. Bathroom - once you pulled the shower screen over you were showering in the dark.
Never any glasses at poolside, hardly ever in food court. Half the time the juice was out.
The food was terrible the choice for kids were one item (burger, grilled sausage, sandwich) and chips. All fish / meat had bones in it.
We arrived on the Saturday and on the Monday morning our rep told us at 10am that our meeting with the wedding coordinator was at 11am – what happened if we hadn’t seen the rep. We were told to go back to the coordinators office on the Sunday with our music and cake topper – would have been fine if it wasn’t her day off – spent half the day trying to get items dropped off.
On day of wedding partner was told to go to the office ½ hour before wedding – wedding coordinator busy with other guests – he got told to go to bar. She never turned up for me – had to make my own way down for her to say she had been phoning room – maid was there so she would have answered phone.
Oh yeah maid turned up after we were all dressed for wedding, therefore had to use dirty towels to dry after shower.
No scissors to cut off wrist bands prior to service.
Breakfast in bed (part of wedding package) never turned up – beach bag (also part of package) was handed over as we waited to get onto bus for home
We were given a room change which we were told would be ready at 1 – got it at 4.30pm and only one bed in room – 2nd bed turned up at 9.30pm! After numerous calls and visits to guest services.
Went to La Diva once – over an hour between courses.
Ginger Lily was excellent – waiters were really good with the kids.
Got free wi-fi as apology for room / bed delay – really good when you are in the Honeymoon Cabana – very last room and wi-fi only available in main lobby.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY – THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME WAS JUST A DISASTER FROM START TO FINISH.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios