Before my stay at sunset i read many reviews and was very, apprehensive like other reviewers I've read in staying at this resort. However, my worries were soon put to rest with the welcome the resort gave us.
I would like to send a shout out to Ms.Jacqueline Edwards the conventions service manager ,as well as Alicia lynch guest service manager from Sunset Jamaica Grande & Spa because of these ladies this experience went as smooth as possible from the well organised way they checked us in along with making sure we were all put in the south tower together, as well as a Beautiful well put together welcome party that screams "let your vacation begin". These touches are what make this hotel something special.
Yes the rooms are a bit dated (in which with some renovation would take care of this problem quickly) but very clean. The hotel has plenty to help you escape your room anyway. From a water volley ball area to a beach volley ball court, a basketball court as well as a huge water slide. They have a entertainment area in between three pools with a bar and a grill open for almost the whole day. They have a great DJ by the name of crazy Chris who made the party happen in a instant. The resorts cuisine was adequate not the best but most definitely not bad. They have an authentic Jamaican breakfast that was pretty good and with three bars and three soda dispensing machines you will never be parched for long. No room service was a bit of a disappointment but its consider a want, most certainly not a necessity. They're on a strip with many stores and markets for your needs and have slot machines for those casino goers in the hotel.
Overall we would definitely return back to this resort. If anything I would have changed, it would be to add another week on to our vacation. Thanks so much for a wonderful vacation. Tarmra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios