So this will be my first time ever writing about ANY resort I have visited. First off I would like to say I have been to Cuba 5 times, DR once, Barbados Twice and Jamaica 6 times! I have stayed at the J. Grande my last 5 trips. Long and short of it, it’s a great place. The resort could use some minor renovations, but the location can’t be beat. The service is pleasant and adequate. For me there are a few things that make a trip, but over all experience is number one. This is definitely made by the staff of J. Grande (not all staff are made equally), but there are a few names worth mentioning.
1. Sherika (I believe that’s how you spell it) from the breakfast buffet. She is pleasant, always remembers a face and very accommodating.
2. Andrew Campbell from the Terrace Restaurant. Goes the extra mile to make sure your needs are met. Very pleasant young man and fast!
3. Jerome McPherson from the Dinner Buffet. Every night we were well attended to, anything we needed was “not a problem”. He went the extra mile and was very helpful when we inquired about anything - food related or not! He has the biggest smile I have ever seen in my life! And to be honest, if Jerome were no longer at J. Grande – well neither am I!!!
As I said, the islands are lush, beautiful beaches and people, but without a select few that make your trip, you won’t return! These are my top picks.
Loyal Return Guest of Jamaica Grande!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios