March 23 , 2013
1 week vacation
Sunset Grande in Ocho Rios
All air carriers could learn from WestJet, so easy to check in at Pearson,
and Montego Bay.
Unfortunately you can't upgrade, as we like to do with AirTransat, CanJet
and Sunwing, but you can reserve your seat, but only through your travel
agent. Our rep at Selloffvacations decided to charge us $25.00 to do this!
There is no food or alcohol included, but you can buy food, or take your
We went to the Airport Lounge first, with online coupon, $25.00 each for 2
hours, all alcohol and food is included, with internet available, and a
great view of the airport. They told us if we had brought our AMEX card, it
would be free!
The transfer to the hotel is about an hour, but we considered it a free
Lenore, our Sunquest rep, was one of the best we have ever had.
I gave her $20 and she bought me a yellow CoolRunnings baseball hat and
delivered it to me the day we left.
She also helped my daughter. who flew in from Edmonton with AirCanada, to
print off her missing hotel voucher.
Sunquest and AirCanada have a la cartes resos set aside for each person, so
They fill up quickly.
If there is a problem with the weather, they will reschedule or refund your
money. As a family, we took the CoolRunnings full day catamaran trip, and
enjoyed it. Take cash, as they offer food and Tshirts and fabulous hats for
sale. Food in not included.
We took a few nutrition bars, but they sell delicious Jamaican patties for
$3.00. The rum bar does not open until you have snorkeled and climbed Dunns
Falls, a good idea!
The elevators were no problem, and the room was fine. The balcony was very
small, but we spent our time at the beach.
The cruise ships are right in front of you on the beach, it's amazing to
watch them dock!
Snorkeling is in a designated area, due to jetskis and boat traffic.
The food and service at the a la cartes was 4 star in our opinion.
The buffet was fine, service was great, and we especially appreciated two
servers, Sharika and Wendy.
I found the red and white wine quite good, and available at all bars, not
just at meals
Drinks are served in acrylic glasses, but it's a good idea to bring your own
Can not comment on the entertainment, as we are early to bed.
It is a short walk into town, left is the village, and right is the Straw
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios