My fiancé, now husband, and I got married at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort. Despite the rain all day, it all suddenly stopped and held up for our ceremony and it was just beautiful! We enjoyed our 8 day stay and had a wonderful time. Added bonus, because we got married, they upgraded our room to a complimentary suite for our honeymoon for the remainder of our stay. Our wedding coordinator, Shelly Ann, was absolutely fabulous and made the experience one to remember. We have wonderful pictures from the on resort photographer that we were so pleased with.
This is a fabulous resort and bus loads of guests arrive daily, it is a nice locale with many nice amenities, however, the hotel itself could benefit from an upgrade and a face-lift. Some modern renovations would make this spot even better. It was comfortable and always clean! FYI, Wireless is available for a fee, but only in the public lobby areas and not in your rooms/suites, but if you are on vacation, this shouldn't be an issue to be unplugged for a change.
We loved our lobster dinner on the beach, would highly recommend that, as it is reasonably priced and was a fabulous dinner venue. Bring a sweater or shawl as it gets chilly. There was always an abundance of food at the daily buffets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Only downside, the food was very light on the seasonings, so if it is authentic Jamaican fare you crave, venture into town to eat during your stay. Other meal options included a traditional Jamaican cuisine restaurant, Italian, and Asian, where you need to make reservations a day in advance for seating. If it is real traditional Jamaican fare that you seek, you are better served by going into town to get the real thing, as the portions at the Jamaican restaurant are small to say the least and lacked real authentic seasonings (note: this is coming from two native Jamaican's (yardies) who love their spicy food).
The staff were always accessible and extremely helpful and prompt to resolve any issues or address any concerns. Extremely friendly and receptive to any needs and always greeted you with a smile and a warm hello.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios