My husband and I just travelled to Jamaica February 2-10 with both of us being sad to leave to come home. The Sunset Jamaica Grande played home to us for our stay and we both thought it was fantastic.
We arrived from the airport around 9:00am and although we could not check into our rooms until 3:00pm we were still able to make use of all the resorts resources. Once it was time to check in, it went very smooth and quick.
Our room was in the Cabana section of the hotel. The room itself is nothing fancy but the location alone is worth the small extra amount you pay.
We ate at all but one A la Carte and enjoyed them all. The buffet always had fresh food and was very delicious for all 3 meals of the day. Both the Jerk Chicken snack bar and the other snack bar were great as well.
The entertainmetn staff at this resort, whether it is by the pool or a show at night, work their butts off and I have nothing but good things to say about the shows that we took in.
The staff at all of the bars are very busy and do their absolute best to keep everyone happy and full. While we did wait in soimewhat of long lines for a refill, we didn't complain, we wanted another drink and that's what we had to do to get it.
In the week that we were there, there were 2 cruiseships... they arrived before we were awake and left around supper time. We never noticed anymore people on the beach or on the tours we took in.
This resort was fantastic, we will be back to Jamaica and would stay at this resort again, although we would like to visit different parts of the island.
A BIG thank-you to the staff at The Sunser Jamaica Grande.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios