My husband and I stayed here Jan. 31-Feb.6.
We stayed in the cabana rooms. Excellent! well worth it! The beach is right there when you walk out of your room. There is the pool and South beach bar less than 2 minutes away. This side of the hotel is much quieter than the north. The north side is more for families and large groups. Some people staying in the north tower complained of noise but said it quieted down by 10pm. The view from the towers is said to be great. Especially when the cruise ships came in.
We had an amazing time. The staff were terrific!! Suzette was our house keeper she was amazing! Thanks to Claudette (the tennis instructor), I can now hit a ball over the net. Lol. And Mrs. Karen, at the buffet, always made sure to give us fantastic service. Bartenders were great. Sometimes a little slow but, hey we're on the island with nothing to do but relax.
The food was great! My scale is proof. Lol. Hitting the gym hard for next while to work it off. The Jamaican food was great! Always a line up for the jerk chicken. If you're not into trying different foods, they had a lot of traditional North American food. omelets, cereals, pasta, to name a few. Also, if you really need fast food. There are KFC and Burger King right outside the hotel.
The excursions were great. We did the botanical gardens, Dunns River, and Dolpin Cove. Don't leave Jamaica without doing the falls. It was fantastic. Deandrea, our tour guide was great.
Shopping was great. A lot of people trying to sell you stuff. A polite no thanks is all you need. Don't pay the selling price. Always negotiate. The small vendors on the side of the road are a lot cheaper and willing to negotiate than the stores.
All in all, we had a great trip. We're planning a trip back next year with our 8 year old son. This hotel is fantastic for couples as well as for families.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grand
- Jamaica Grande
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Amex, Venere, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.