I stayed at Sunset Jamaica Grande in ocho rios from 1/3-1/9...This is the most fun i had on a vacation. When we first arrived, i must say that the room we were assigned was not up to par. It was filthy we stayed on the north tower. I honestly don't think the room was cleaned prior to our arrival. However, after we complained they immediately changed our room to a much better one. The rooms does need some renovation and should be updated. But what a lot of people need to realize is that this is not a 5 star hotel therefore you wont receive 5 star quality. But the service the employees provided is 5 star. However, it didn't bother us much b/c we didn't spend much time in our rooms being that we were all over the place.The staff at the hotel was very friendly, nice, and helpful. Especially the staff at the buffet and the Bar. Best part of breakfast was the chefs cooking the omelets any way you liked. The bartenders Denroy, Gregory, wade, and camarie made our stay even better. Our drinks were perfect and so was the service they provided. These guys were always smiling and willing to make a drink any way you wanted it. Lunch and dinner was good also. We ate at the Caribbean and Asian restaurant on the resort which was nice also. However, you must book the day before or very early in the morning because it fills up fast. The lady at guest service name sharika (not sure if i spelled it correctly) was also a pleasant to deal with. She is the only person i could speak of because the rest of the people were not as nice or friendly. Entertainment, pools, beaches, and water sports were cool. The resort had many pools in which you could choose from but they closed early which i didn't like. The water slide was also a plus!
During our stay we booked a trip to Mystic Mountain (where we did zip-lining, bob sledding, and a sky tour) and Dolphin Cove. Devon the representative from Mystic Mountain went above and beyond for us. He was so nice and made sure that we would have a good time at mystic mountain. look out for Devon and make sure you book mystic mountain with him he will look out for you. Also Cladyon from dolphin cove was friendly to work with...make sure you book with him also.
Overall our stay was great. I had the time of my life in Jamaica and i will stay at Sunset Jamaica Grande again. The customer service is outstanding!! You will be treated like royalty! The resort is next to everything and the hotel provide a shuttle bus to the club magaritaville which is great also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Otel, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios