This was my second visit to Jamaica and the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort didn't spark any excitement other than its location. Walking distance into Ocho Rios market area which was very convenient. Besides the buffet, the resort had several specialty restaurants (italian, asian and local cuisine), unsure whether it was the time of year but the specialty restaurants only had one open per night and only with reservations. Food was okay. Nothing to rave about.
The same can be said about the buffet; nothing to rave about but you didn't starve. Quality of food was upgraded when the resort had several conferences going on for a couple of days. A downsize to the increased guests (conferences), we lacked in room towels like face clothes.
Would I stay here again? Sure, if my friends were going back there. I didn't find that the resort did anything fantastic. As the title states - it's mediocre.
The buffet you were on your own. Self-serve right down to coffee and beverages. Wait staff was only there to clear tables.
The ocean smelled; with it being a man made inlet, the water doesn't circulate and is very stale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios