I stayed in a cabana ground floor room. NO towels or TV remote on arrival, but rectified in 10 minutes. Seem to have trouble using king sized sheets on king sized bed, but rectifies quickly. Tile floors are very slippery when wet..just be careful.
Food is available from &.00a.m. to 2 a.m., in a variety of locations. I found the main buffer to be more than adequate and the set up helps to avoid long line ups..food is varied and well prepared and presentation is fine,
Bars are open from 10.00a.m. until 2.00a.m., again different times for different bars, lobby bar and i'orantique (air conditionned) were normally my choices to 1.00a.m. Choices are limited but more than enough variety.
Staff are fantastic, well trained, friendly, helpful and efficient. Discrete tips are welcomed.
I met a chap from Kentucky who voiced the opinion "well it is certainly not 5 star", when asked where he got the idea that it was a 5 star property he agreed that it is not billed as such...but he did agree that it is "GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY"
DO NOT USE THE ON SITE GIFT SHOP OR CURRENCY EXCHANGE.
I got home last night Oct 2. and not only will I recommend this property to others, but I am about to book another trip in November.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios