We have just arrived back from Sunset and what a great time we had!
My husband a I were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and our friends were on there honey moon, we left the kids with the grandparents as we were looking for a relaxing break, and that is exactly what we got.
After a few hiccups before we left the UK (we should have been staying at Sunset Mo Bay but we were changed due to the over run of renervations) we arrived at the hotel and we were immediatley impressed with the Lobby area it was lovely the staff were very helpful and friendly and they showed us to our beach front Cabana rooms which I would strongly recommend, they were very nice and the view was great.
The pool areas were lovely and clean and there was plenty to keep you occupied if desired.
The South beach was also very nice and where we spent most of our time. There is also a beach on the North side which was quite a stoney beach but nice all the same!
Although we did not take the kids with us I know that my kids (9 & 5) would have loved it there and there was definatley plenty going on for them. There was nightly entertainment but we did not really bother with it.
The food was very good too and there was no room for complaint even from a fussy eater like myself there was just such a wide variety. I would also recommend the Ginger Lily restaurant and La Diva they were superb!
Before we left we had a look at the reviews on here and we braced ourselves for dissapointment but definatly not!!
As for excursions these were much cheaper when booked through the hotel and swimming with the dolphins is a must it was amazing!!
We are not in the habit of visiting the same place but if we were to return to Ohco Rios I would certainly be happy to stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the all-inclusive splendor of the legendary 730-room Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort in Ocho Rios with its spectacular variety of amenities, divine dining, spa and stellar location. A beautiful white-sand beach fringes the resort while five lavish pools meander through this beachside complex, featuring waterfalls, plunge pools, Jacuzzis, swaying rope bridge and swim-up bars. Amenities include five restaurants, two beach grills, eight bars, two kids clubs, non-motorized water sports, full-service spa, air-conditioned fitness center, tennis, mini casino, nightly entertainment, disco, shops, business center, conference facilities, weddings and much more. Services abound, offering the ideal getaway for singles, couples, families and groups. The sensational Lighthouse Waterslide opened in April 2007. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Ocho Rios
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa
- Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort
- Sunset Grande Jamaica
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Jamaica Grande Hotel
- Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Ocho Rios