“awful :(” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Ocho Rios
Type: Malls, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Ocho Rios offering a wide selection of Duty Free Shopping and Jamaican Souvenirs. Home of three authentic Jamaican Restaurants: Mama Marley's, Reggae Ally and Cafe Express. Free Wi Fi available, money exchange and dual currency ATM Machine( US and JA).
Elton, null, United Kingdom
“awful :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL On 3rd July 2013 my husband decided to treat me to an eternity ring from Jewel Palace Ocho Rios. He bought me a gold and diamond eternity ring . I have since discovered that the ring has the following problem: The ring was sold as a ‘yellow gold and diamond eternity ring made from scratch, made to my size’. The ring is in fact the original ring that I was shown in the shop which was white gold (which I stated I didn’t like or want). The white gold ring has been made smaller and coated in yellow gold and sold to me as a brand new ring, made from scratch to my size! The ring has now become very discolored and you can easily see the white gold coming through the yellow gold in patches. I have contacted the shop and he did firstly apologize and say that he would sort out the problem, he is now just ignoring my emails so i am now going to pursue this through my credit card company. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!! AWFUL

4 attraction reviews
“They sold me a fake omega.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The price was to good to be true. He even knows my husbands uncle who is a doctor in ocho rios who every one knows including the owner of house of diamonds. I just went to the pawn shop to try to pawn the omega necklace they sold me and the smokey quartz ring that said it was 14k gold and it turns out that the omega necklace is fake they inscribed it with a lousy 14k gold symbol on the clasp and the ring is 10k gold when it say its 14k. Also in tiny letters it say china. I am very disappointed that i spent my hard earned money on garbage. Carnival needs to stop advertising them. They and I'm others scam tourist bc they will never see them again. I will be contacting carnival soon. Please be aware if this place!

Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
41 attraction reviews
“Shopping area along the cruise port”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The cruise lines will tell you that this is right outside the gated area when your ship docks. It's a quick walk to it. Find something to do or somewhere else to go. Do not waste your time here.
Do not bank on this as a great place to shop- nothing special nor spectacular. Tshirts and just plain old looking knick knacks. Some stores are plain, old and dirty. Some stores will let you haggle for a deal for their shirts, rum, or others. Overpriced - they will call out their prices and you can play their haggling game. After a while it gets old. Not worth the time there.
Get off the ship and catch the cab to the beach nearby where you can swim or ride the jet skis.

Niagara Falls, NY
15 attraction reviews
“Okay shopping experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It was okay, too many stores had the same things in them.You had to go through all the shops and then try and remember where you found the best deal. My teenage sons were happy with their purchases.

Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“very little hassling here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Which is really the only good thing about here. The same product in each store. Next time, we will head out to see the sights outside of this touristy attraction