“Be Cautious!! Move to a protected area” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 52 things to do in Ocho Rios
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Be Cautious!! Move to a protected area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

So, the beach shuttle driver told us that some guests stay on the beach for 5 minutes and call for him to retrieve them. When we entered the beach, I understood why!! It had nothing to do with the physical state of the beach. It had to do with being pursued for something. I just did not like being approached by so many aggressive "marketeers" the second you step foot on the sand
Unless you are on part of the beachfront of a resort or hotel that has staff protection, you will be approached by someone who wants something.. and even then, you may be approached, but not as much.
We rented chairs from a hotel beachfront(US$5) and camped there...then we enjoyed the beach. It really was not very crowded. The water has no waves, though.
Overall, it is a pretty beach, but the "marketeers" ( those selling themselves, or their products and services) was very concerning.

Visited August 2013

Overbrook, Kansas
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We never left the resort because there was scuba diving, para sailing, snorkeling, evening entertainment, etc. It was all wonderful.

Toronto, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A beach is a beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The water was beautifully coloured, but sand below was nice, overall not too rough. The area that I was in was pretty good.

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very touristic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was driving from Mobay myself and had a stay outside of Ocho Rios at a Hostel. I did not want to spend time in Ocho Rios which was very crowded and aggressive to me. I rather like the quietness. But it is beautiful beach.

Baltimore, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Average”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Since we visited this beach while cruising I must give it a fair review it is a local beach, however there are certain parts of the beach that the ship rent out for their guest for private events we found this out a little too late. None the less the beach was ok I saw a few things happening on the beach that made me not want to walk on the sand barefoot (bummer) still we had a good time. There are local shops near by which my BFF and I took advantage of some shopping now there are some areas/corners you don't want to travel just be careful. Jamaica is beautiful and should I ever return there I would love to see the Bob Marley Museum in Kingston, Jamaica.

Enjoy your Trip and always do your own research.

Visited November 2012