We (from the Netherlands - sorry if this review containsspelling mistakes/language errors ) visited Jamaica in June (from 8-16th) and we enjoyed the hotel, people, especially the beach (!!! white silk sand, blue crystal water ) and Ocho Rios (night)life.
For those of you who don't feel like reading a blablabla review... here's what we liked and did not like...
- the hotel (IT IS NOT A LUXURIOUS PLACE, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR) We liked the clean rooms, the safe, airco, telly, the view, the balcony. TIP: if possible, don't ask a room at 2/3 floor: there's no elevator!!!
- The beach!!! No swarming of people, a very very relaxed place. TIP: take beds from the pool, since the beach beds are all cracked. waterskiing/boat/catamaran is available.
- The bakery on the main street: for lunch we bought cheap delicious vegetable/ackee/ cheese loaf etc.
_ Margarittaville (Jimmy's Buffet) is really cool. with swimmingpool/bar etc. Especially on saturdays the place goes wild!!!
- Italian Restaurant Evita's, up in the hills, in a beautiful mansion: excellent food, they have a free pick up service, let your hotel make them a call...if you fance lobster tail/lamb chops and pinapple flambéed in rum... The restaurant is known for famous stars who have had dinner, like f.i. Uma Thurman/Mama Marley/Sean Paul/Etc.
Cheap dinner/expensive dining are both possible!
- On Main Street is Crown's Tavern, nice open air pub: they serve great Jamaican Delights (cocktails with rum/pinapple juice) and very good food for great prices!! On their menu are oxtail soup, great jerk chicken, jerk shrimps, pasta with calamaris etc.etc.
- Dunn's River Falls.. TIP: Visit the falls before 10.00, preferably around 8.30. no mass tourism and the falls are yours..we were the only ones.!!! price is now 15 USD for non residents of Jamaica... Bring your own watershoes and watch out with the lockers... If you arent that scared, the falls are "climbable" without a guide. We did, and I'm no hero... Takes you about 45 minutes.
- Visit the supermarket at Ocean Village. It's bigger and looks a lot cleaner than the one on the Main Street.
DID NOT LIKE!!!
- Breakfast at the hotel. Go and buy fruit at the supermarket, since they don't serve any during breakfast, there's toast, croissant, cakes, coffee, limonade but all this stuff is too sweet to handle (for us )....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beach in Ocho Rios on Jamaica's North Coast. Just 5 minutes from the world's famous Dunn's River Falls and within walking distance of best shopping and night life in Ocho Rios. Singles, Couples and Families are welcome at Rooms. All rooms are air conditioned, equipped with cable tv, safety deposit boxes, hair dryers,coffee makers and most have a VIEW of the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Rooms Ocho Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rooms Ocho Rios Hotel Ocho Rios
- Rooms Hotel Ocho Rios
- Ocho Rios Rooms Hotel
- Rooms Beach Ocho Rios
- Rooms Beach Jamaica
- Rooms Ocho Rios Jamaica