“It was good but could be so much better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rooms Ocho Rios

Save Saved
You added Rooms Ocho Rios to your Saves list
Rooms Ocho Rios
2.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Ocho Rios Beach | Main st., Ocho Rios, Jamaica   |
Ranked #19 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
“It was good but could be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Superb location and good facilities, however with a little more attention this could be a 'great' hotel. Some areas in the rooms could be improved with a little maintenance. The walls are bare and 'cold' when a couple of pictures of local scenes would make a great difference for a few dollars. There was no fridge in the room which is very bad in this climate where cool drinks are essential. No radio or clock in the room. No microwave in the room. No Wi-Fi in the room. There was a huge area designated for a tv but only a tiny tv and no tv guide. There was no ash tray in the room or on the balcony, and who does not 'smoke a little something' in Jamaica !! There was no plug in the bathroom wash basin. Breakfast was always still in the preparation stage even at 7.30am rather inconvenient when guests wanted to get away for a tour at 8am. It appears that the pool did not open until around 10am, why so late? When I asked at the front desk if they could have some postcards mailed for me, I was told "Take 'em to the Post Office".. What?? At 6pm one evening I asked for a sachet of coffee, having just returned tour and was told I could not get one until Housekeeping opened at 8.30am the following day !! 14 plus hours and no coffee !! The rooms were functional rather than warm and for a few dollars this could have been a superb hotel. Even so, I would be willing to visit again

Room Tip: Request beach view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

576 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I spend 5 days a Rooms and it was a very nice place just need minor repairs the bathroom need to be updated and need new TV in the rooms. The staff are very friendly and the bartender is a great guy. Rooms is a a very great location close to the city and right on the beach. The price is not bad. I would recommend this hotel for a quick trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

i have tried 3 times, whats up , i tried three times and there has been no update for Rooms on the beach Negril, i have given my impressions on rooms on the beach negril, how come i do not see my apinion on your trip advsor?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After reading some mixed reviews and not knowing what to expect, my stay at Rooms with my family was amazing. We were checked into a 1st floor room which we realized the door (balcony)were not locking, after expressing our concerns, in less than 5 minutes we were transferred and settled into another room. The rooms at the hotel are very clean, AC worked excellent and the hotel grounds are well maintained. We liked the closeness to the beach (my boys would have spent the entire vacation at the beach no problem). Food was not one of our concerns because we usually eat on the move when we travel but the food at the hotel was good but there are plenty choices in close proximity to the hotel. The staff was absolutely wonderful from front desk to maintainence but speacial thanks to Ms. Davis, Kishonee, and Shelly - ladies high praises from my shy 8 yr old "mommy they are nice- they have good customer service", you have now become a household name when we talk about our hotel stay. Keep up the good work!!! I will definitely recommend this hotel and I do look forward to our future stay. :)

Mr. Gordon and Family

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed there with my wife and inside the rooms was very clean ......if you Call for room service it take them with 2 minutes to attend and that was fabulous .....I would Stay there again in a heart beat

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have just returned from my second stay at Rooms and I had a great time! I went with 3 girlfriends, 2 of which had never stayed in Ochi or Rooms and they were pleasantly surprised. Considering how cheap it is, it is clean, right on the beach and the staff are great!

I love how close rooms is to the beach....right next to it and I like the fact that locals can come in and visit you (we have friends in Ochi so it was nice that they could join us at the beach).

My only complaint would be that breakfast is super slow but everything is slow in Jamaica!

I will be back to Ja in May, unfortunately not at Rooms, but honestly, if you want a hotel that is right on the beach, in the middle of Ochi town - near to everything you could possibly want to do, Rooms is the place to be!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony! It makes a huge difference but upgrade once you get to rooms - a lot che...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I spent 15 days at Rooms and it was comfortable throughout our time there. My husband and I went there with an open mind after reading some mixed reviews about this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. I agreed with some of the reviews about the hotel - like the furniture in the rooms are a bit dated but the beds are so comfortable and we got an amazing sea view which is the best feature! The housekeeping is good! They cleaned our room daily without fail even when we were out for an hour or so. They changed towels daily. The AC was brilliant after being outside in sweltering heat. The food is good but as another reviewer said, it could be a bit better with more choices for breakfast but we always came away feeling satisfied.The amenities around the hotel is very good with banks, fast food restaurants as well local Jamaican restaurants and patties which are cheaper than the lunch and dinners at the hotel, so it is worth going outside the hotel for meals. The staff at the hotel are so friendly and helpful, I would like to mention a lovely lady at the restaurant called Nola who was always cheerful and welcoming! I must thank the staff for making our stay a very pleasant one. I definitely would recommend this hotel, just ask for a room with the ocean view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Rooms Ocho Rios? Share your experiences!