We stayed at the Royal Plantation for our honeymoon. Everything about the resort was perfect. Transportation went very smoothly from Montego Bay airport to the resort. Its a 2 hour car ride and the road was not in great shape but it didnt bother us. Our driver was very friendly and offered us drinks for the ride.
We were greeted when we got the resort and checked in without any problems. We also had one of the employees give us a quick tour of the property so we knew where everthing was.
We stayed in a luxury oceanfront suite. The view was amazing as we overlooked the beach and the ocean. The room itself was very nice from the large four-poster bed to the small sitting area next to the window that overlooked the beach.
The food at the resort was all very good. We were on the royal plan, which is the best way to go. All the resturaunts were very good. We went to La Pappillion twice and Flambe twice. Our first night there on monday, they had a buffet dinner that was great! There was so much food and it was all so good.
The service at the resort was top of the line. We never had to lift a finger and everybody was extremely polite and friendly. The resort even had an attendant on the beach to bring you drinks at the wave of a flag.
My wife and I went kayaking and snorkeling. The great thing about the snorkeling was small group that always went out on the boat. Everytime we went snorkeling there were about 6 people on the boat as compared to the Sandals boat which looked completely full of about 30 people everytime. I went a snorkeling couple of times and each time we went to a different spot to snorkel at my request. One day the boat drive took us to a special spot to snorkel that they dont usually go to. All the guys working at the watersports on the beach were very friendly and would do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
They have a tennis court that we used one day. My wife also went to the spa for a massage and loved it.
On our 2nd day there, we were surprised by roomservice with a bottle of champagne, chocolates and a gift certificate to the spa, complimentary of the resort as a wedding gift. This was great!
We also did one excursion to Dunn's River Falls. It is only 10 minutes away by car. The falls are beautiful and it is definately worth it to go.
Overall we had a wonderful experience at the resort and would go back in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a small, intimate, quiet resort with first-class service and food, this is the place to go. You will not find much nightlife at the resort, but if you want that, you can always get a pass (included in the royal plan) and go to Sandals which is right next door.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Hotel
- Royal Plantation
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.