My wife and I just returned home yesterday from our 2nd stay at SRP. We were there last year at this same time.
There really isn't any need to look at other resorts. This place exceeded our expectations, yet again. Much of the same staff are still there - Cleon and Adrian on the beach, Jason and O'Shane as the entertainment and the usual butlers you see around the resort. We had Hector and Sherrill this year as our butlers and they were outstanding. On our second night, my wife was sick and they tended to her until she was better the next day, bringing her Pepto Bismol and ginger tea.
The bar staff was new to us but were just as great as Sean was last year (who is now a Butler). By day two they remembered our names and what we liked to drink.
I mentioned this in my first review last year, and I'll say it again - this is a small, quiet and intimate resort. We saw many of the same faces as last year. It really does fell like you are coming home.
If you are looking this resort for the first time and aren't sure what to think about the butler service, remember that no request is too big or small. During our last day, my wife asked our butler for some lobster for lunch.. He indicated it would be difficult given that they don't normally have lobster tail until dinner. I wish I had taken a picture of what she got because it was one of the biggest lobster tails I have seen.
Needless to say we have already booked to go back next February, and we can't wait.
If quality of service and food and a quiet vacation is what you are after, this is the place for you. If you want more of a party, swim up bars and large buffets, go somewhere else. Although you will have access to the much larger and louder Sandals Grande Riviera next door, you will find yourself wanting to get back to your own piece of paradise at the Royal Plantation very quickly.
Notes: We stayed in the west wing again - room 359 (top floor). We find this side has a more unobstructed view of the water.
Adrian and Cleon are amazing on the beach. Always happy!
Don't be afraid to ask for your lunch on the beach. Your butler or the beach butlers will bring it to you.
We tipped our butlers about $20 each per day (7days). I add this into my review because the most common question I received this time from newcomers was "how much should I tip them." This can be dependent on how much you use them our on your own financial means.
While this is typically an "older crowd" resort, I found there were many more couples under 40 this year. Having said that, everyone is very friendly and easy to talk to regardless of age.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios