Stayed at the Royal Plantation April/May of this year. We had never travelled to the Caribbean before so had done a lot of research before finally choosing this property. Our first time also staying at a Sandals resort. We picked the property partly because of the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. I do risk repeating all the wonderful things previously said about this resort....but they most definitely deserve it.
Firstly the resort itself is small, but perfect! We never had an issue with finding loungers on the beach or by the pool. The main house itself is full of character and warmth. Rooms were kept spotlessly clean and the grounds and gardens were kept immaculate.
What sets itself apart from other all inclusive resorts is the food and staff. Every meal we had was perfectly cooked. We dined in Le Papillion on 3 nights and each time surpassed our expectations. The Terrace Italian night was beautiful and it was great to meet the Executive Head Chef on a number of occasions. Lucien the Breakfast chef makes some great pancakes and the fluffiest omelettes! Always a smile on his face.
We were a bit apprehensive about having a butler but these guys really do know how to make your holiday. Adrian and Donard were fantastic. Great fun, obliging, always making sure we had everything we needed, arranged transport in to town and organised dinner reservations. We also returned to the room on a number of occasions to find a hot bath drawn for us. Quick tip, don't challenge these guys to a game of pool, they are really competitive!! Truly great guys and a credit to the resort. Adrian, the beach butler really took care of us, always remembering our favourite drinks and great for a bit of banter.
The Wobbly Peacock pub was lovely for a few drinks before or after dinner and the bar tenders , Sean, Andre and Aiken really know how to entertain and make you feel welcome. Try some of their cocktails......amazing!
Sean and Oshane always made sure we were well entertained providing great music, dance moves and drumming! The entertainment in the resort each night was top class. Thanks also the staff in Le Papillion, (great piano player) and the Breakfast staff in the Terrace (female Manager) always friendly and a great memory! We did check out the neighbouring Sandals resort for dinner on two nights. The first night at Kimonos was great fun and the staff again were great, the Chinese restaurant wasn't great and the resort itself is quite large and lacks the personal feeling of Royal Plantation.
All in all we had an amazing time and the staff really make you feel like you're visiting with some really great friends in a great house! We rarely return to the same place, preferring instead to check out somewhere new but we will most definitely be returning to the Royal Plantation. A very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios