We just came back two weeks ago from Sandals Royal Plantation. Had never stayed at an all-inclusive and never had butlers. Well, this is an experience you shouldn't miss! Our room was great with wonderful views of the resort and the ocean. All of the suites are oceanfront - we were on the west side and loved it. Our travel agent did make sure when booking that we had a separate tub and shower. Definitly a plus as the bathrooms are small. No vegetation blocking our views and no bugs or critters at night. We slept with the French-balcony doors open every night and fell asleep to the sound of the sea. Service was spectacular! When you arrive you are assigned two butlers for your stay. (great job Marvin & Jermaine!!!) They take notes and make sure that your every wish comes true. We were celebrating our 20th anneversary. Mentioned it and that we wanted to do something special for dinner one night. Our butler Marvin suggested allowing him to set up something in our room. Take a look at the swan towel sculpture he made on our bed! Had a 6 course meal served to us by a special waiter with candle light and music from the band playing on the Terrace. What a special night! From the beach waiters to the restaurant servers - it was all fabulous. It's a smaller, quiet resort. Perfect for romance and relaxation. But if you want some nightlife, you can go next door to the Sandals Grand Riveria (via shuttle or walk the short beach between). The pool here is quite small and not located in a very sunny, breezy spot, so we stuck to the west beach. It was small but perfect for couples. We could always get loungers and an umbrella. Wait staff always bringing great concoctions from the bar - all top shelf liquor. The bartenders here are masters of mixology. Every person who worked at this resort was friendly and smiling. Always helpful and although there is always some kind of maintenance going on, the staff stays out of your way and steps aside if you come upon them at work. So many little details were provided at this place, I could go on forever. It is sophisticated, charming and classy without being stuffy or snooty. Although there are only three real restaurants (with bar food/snacks served in the Wobbly Peacock), the food was tremendous. We had breakfast served by our butlers in our room at least three mornings. Le Papillon is French cuisine at its finest. Be sure to bring a dressy outfit or two to eat there - long sleeve shirts for men a must. The Terrace always had a great breakfast buffet, omlette station or order off the ever changing menu and the resort manager, Peter, was always present and overseeing staff, food service and making sure all of his guests were happy. They changed up the menu every night so the food was never boring. Great lunches right at the beach from the Grill, which became a white table clothe setting at dinner time. We have been to Grand Cayman five times, stayed in a condo and cooked in half the time we were there. The Royal Plantation has spoiled me forever! The only thing we missed from the Caymans is the long beautiful beach walks on 7-mile beach. Not possible here, but all the stairs will give you a good work out every day. Best to say it was the most perfect vacation we have ever taken! We re-booked for next year before we left - we loved it so much. If you want a relaxing, romantic vacation, this is the place to go. Keep in mind there are stairs everywhere you want to go, so this is not a place for someone with physical limiations. Beautiful grounds and gardens, well maintained resort. It's truely paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios