This is an absolutely suberb resort. Just 74 suites and, by the second day of our stay, many of the staff including the general manager, Peter, knew our names and greeted us personally. The physical setting is a nice combination of elevated buildings, affording dramatic views of the ocean, and two beaches. The buildings themselves retain the charm of the original inn (circa 1957), but modernized and beautifully maintained and landscaped. The beverages are upscale (Gray Goose vodka, etc.) and the cuisine is the equal of some of our top restaurants here in Washington. Diving is a short walk down the beach (no long shuttle drive) and the golf course is very playable. Best of all is the staff, beginning with our butlers, Adrian and Donard -- well trained, friendly, attentive, competent, and quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios