My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon here and we could not have asked for a better experience. While it is about an hour and a half drive from the airport, it is completely worth it. Ocho Rios is definitely the place to stay in Jamaica if you plan on doing any excursions (horseback riding, Dunns River Falls, etc.) since all of these attractions are right near there. If you stay in other locations in Jamaica you may be traveling up to 2 hours just to get to your excursion for the day! When we stepped out of the shuttle we were greeted by an incredible ocean view and were immediately shown the hospitality and service that make this resort such a wonderful experience. Aside from our personal butlers (We love you Donard and Fiona!) the rest of the staff was also just as helpful and welcoming. Because the resort is small (only 74 rooms in total) you really feel that you are getting a personalized experience and after just a couple of days many of the staff members were acting like we had been there for months. Although the beach and pool area are relatively small, this really was not an issue since there are not that many guests. The beach butlers are also wonderful and made sure you always had a cold drink, fresh towels, or anything else you needed. At some all-inclusive resorts you find cheap food, cheap liquor, no wine, and limited access to all of these things. Not so at Royal Plantation. The food was amazing and we truly looked forward to every meal and anything you could have dreamed of to drink was available. I keep daydreaming about the Mangosas! I could go on and on but all you need to know is that you won't be disappointed by this beautiful, attentive, first-class resort. While we were there we booked a return trip just so we wouldn't feel so bad leaving! As we were driving away our butler, the hotel's manager as well as a few other staff members stood and waved until we were out of sight which just shows the kind of service you get there. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios