We have just returned from ten nights at the Plantation, I have to say when we arrived we were less than happy with a couple of things . The bath is tiny . The beach area was not so big either and pool was only big enough for 10 beds which people put books on at 8am all of these things I don't expect from this standard of hotel.
We did then decide to use the swimming pool at the sister hotel next door ,which had sunbeds in the pool which I liked.The pool area was large with a hot tub too.I enjoyed the fact we could use the facilities without having to stay there all the time.
I think the Royal Plantation should not allow anyone to place books on the sunbeds without laying there,being the fact there are not many beds.You could visit for 2 weeks and never get to sit at the pool.
We did on the remaining 4 days of our holiday sit at the plantation pool and it was a very nice area to be in.
Appart from the above the hotel was fantastic !!
The Staff at this hotel are the best I have ever come across in any hotel.The food is beautiful every night.We never had a bad meal at any point on our holiday. The food is fine dining every night, For those who calorie count ,this hotel may not be for you !
The staff at the hotel make this hotel one of the best they are dedicated to their work and love doing what they do . The Butlers we had were very good Shelly and Aaron. Shelly did those little unexpected things like leave a love heart made of rose petals on our bed with a few candles on the floor with petals scattered around,we had cheese and biscuits left in the room for when we arrived in from the pool .Nice touches.She left cake in the room for us and always made sure we had a full fridge full of champagne.
I have to say the entertaimants team and bar staff were also brilliant , They made every night a memorable one .O'Shane was great fun.
We normally have quiet holidays and meet a few people that we never keep contact with on our return but here I would say we have met some very good friends that we will meet up agian with at some point for a re-union.
I bought some duty free items there, Breitling watch and Cartier Ladies bag. Just to make you aware we priced everything up on our return .The prices there are cheaper by 25%. Buy Rum at the airport not at resort.
Overall great holiday ,we will visit again !!! for sure
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Hotel
- Royal Plantation
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Stentorian NV, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Amex, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.