Quite possibly the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The service was fantastic, all the staff are very friendly and work hard to make sure visitors feel welcome and enjoy everything the hotel has to offer. There are some who definitely seemed to be more like friends to us than staff by the time we left.
I was worried that the butler service would feel a little awkward but it wasn't how I'd imagined and they were wonderful....it was fun to come back to our room on a couple of occasions and find they'd left us a surprise like a bubble bath or petals on the bed.
The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in so every night was a great night's sleep. The rooms are big and we had a lovely view from the second floor. Only slight negative point for the room was not having a proper balcony but it wasn't a big problem for us.
The food was outstanding at every place we ate in. I think the evening we spent at the beach grill was our favourite meal - the surf and turf was amazing. It was also great that the alcohol being served was 'branded' alcohol and not budget 'paint stripper' like you get in a lot of AI resorts. We found that Sean the barman also makes fabulous cocktails. We also enjoyed the DJ set night in the pub when the staff seemed to really enjoy dancing the night away!
The grounds are beautiful and the beaches are kept very clean. One of the issues we found is that people will 'reserve' their sun loungers for an entire day and a lot of these actually remain unused for most of the day. We did find that one couple had 'reserved' 2 sun loungers on one of the beaches whilst at the same time they were using the loungers on the other beach! At busy times it can be hard to find free loungers although the beach staff will try to help you find/move some as long as they aren't 'reserved'.
The main negative for us was that the pool is very small but it is a very short walk along the beach to get to the larger Grand Riviera hotel next door and use their larger facilities and this worked well for us and it was nice to go and spend some time at the more lively Riviera but equally nice to then return to the very tranquil RP.
Overall we had a lovely stay and I would absolutely love to come back one day and recommend that if you're looking for luxury in Jamaica you look no further than this hotel. It won't disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •All suite resort and all are serviced by butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers•2 private beaches with beach butler service•The Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar•Exquisite International, Mediterranean, Caribbean and French cuisine•24 hour in suite dining•Complimentary transfers from this resort to all Sandals Resorts•Voted Sandals Resorts “World Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Plantation Hotel Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios
- Royal Plantation Jamaica
- Sandals Royal Plantation Jamaica/Ocho Rios