I recently had the pleasure of a relaxing visit to Columbus Heights. I reserved an apartment online through Pamella in the office and was so pleased that they were expecting me. I was welcomed to check in even though I was quite early. I was able to view two apartments and choose the one I liked best(I love when that's possible!). I've stayed here often over the years and this time had a lovely 2 bedroom unit in phase 3 of the complex. The location is about mid way up the hillside near the forest. Loved it. The view was awesome. The unit was clean and well-furnished and Jessica was a wonderful help. She was never intrusive and came in to take care of things as needed while giving me privacy. Jessica did offer to cook, but I did not need it this time.
During the day, I spent most of my time reading in the shade, walking, or bouncing between the two closest pools. The gardens are as lovely as I remember and it was a pleasure to walk amongst the foliage. My plan was to get in a couple good walks every day up and down the hillside. I didn't walk quite as often as I'd hoped, but I did get out and about daily.
In summary, I really like staying at Columbus Heights as it feels like Jamaica. I've never encountered a problem there and even when traveling solo have felt safe. The property felt secure and my apartment was as well. I appreciated the additional grated doors on the verandahs. I was able to enjoy my time and the property fully.
The negatives to this property are that not all the units are equal in terms of luxury and amenities and the property does show signs of aging. If you are not especially fussy, it's fine. That said, it's a great place to spend some time if you prefer to be near town but not in it and want to soak in the views from above the town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury hillside condominiums offering a panoramic view of the Ocho Rios Bay. Services include Daily Housekeeper/Cook, free daily shuttle to town for shopping, complimentary starter package. Cable TV, hot and cold water and air-conditioned bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Columbus Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Heights Hotel Ocho Rios
- Columbus Heights Jamaica/Ocho Rios