The two of us stayed here for 10 days. We read previous reviews and knew that there was a hill from the main road to our apartment but we didn't realise how steep it was. As a consequence of that we walked down and got Mr Crawford of Auntie Mama's Taxi Tours (Tel 845 3875 or 345 9597) to bring us home. We did not go out in the evening because we could not face the steep climb home.
The gardens are kept very neat and tidy and our pool area was also kept tidy. New ballustrades were being fitted a couple of days before we left.
One thing though, we felt like we were being asked for money all the time. A telephone message was left for me ..... it cost me. One of the gardeners cut some aloe vera which was growing in the gardens ...... it cost me.
Our 1 bedroom apartment was spacious, the bed was comfortable but the kitchen and bathroom were dirty and are both in desperate need of refurbishing. Our housekeeper, Bridgitte, was so very very nice.
I've read the other reviews and all I can say with regard to the one that says "Stay if you don't value your life" AS and "Greatful (sic) to be Alive, worst place to stay in Jamaica" MEL0412 ..... you couldn't possibly have been staying at Columbus Heights. We felt completely safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury hillside condominiums offering a panoramic view of the Ocho Rios Bay. Services include Daily Housekeeper/Cook, free daily shuttle to town for shopping, complimentary starter package. Cable TV, hot and cold water and air-conditioned bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Columbus Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Heights Hotel Ocho Rios
- Columbus Heights Jamaica/Ocho Rios