“AMAZING Coffee .....GREAT vibe!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 89 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Cafe, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING Coffee .....GREAT vibe!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

While on a recent visit to Jamaica I stumbled upon this AMAZING cafè within Island Village. The first thing that hit me was the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and cool air conditioning as I entered. When I first walked in I was greeted by the very friendly staff, who were very attentive. I ordered a Ital Blue (highly recommend everyone to try it!), a chicken grilled sandwich and coconut cake. After placing my order, my server let me know I could take a seat and my order will be brought to me, which was a pleasant surprise, not many "cafes"do this. While waiting I noticed other patrons using laptops and tablets. Within a few minutes the server brought over my order and I inquired on whether or not there was wi-fi in Island Village and that's when I was informed I could sit and enjoy Island Coffees Bar's free wi-fi as well. The free wi-fi was definitely a bonus, as I was able to skype family from my laptop and enjoy lunch. As I took my first sip...WOWZERS my mouth exploded with flavor of coffee I've never tasted in my life. I asked the staff what type of coffee this was and they explained it was their own brand of coffee called Strawberry Hill which is the only Dark Roast 100% Blue Mountain Coffee on the market. Amazed with the flavor of coffee I enjoyed my sandwich while on skype with family and jamming to the great vibes of rock n roll coming from the cafes sound system. Imagine, rock n roll pumping in a cafe in Jamaica!

If ever in Ocho Rios, check out Island Coffees Bar, excellent coffee, very polite and friendly staff ...and definitely a great vibe!

• Visited February 2013