“Thanks for a fantastic James Bond tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 67 Activities in Ocho Rios
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: If you are looking for a Private Transportation and Tour operator specializing in Jamaica's rich culture, history and natural attractions. I operate from the Ocho Rios/Runaway Bay area and do customized tours throughout my island. If you are not sure of what you would like to see, I will create something suitable for you. Come experience the "real" Jamaica. I also do pickups and drop offs (Airport Transfers) to both international airports on the island.
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Thanks for a fantastic James Bond tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We asked Glen to show us all the James Bond locations he could in a day - and he did not disappoint!
We saw some great locations often helped along by Glen's contacts in the tourist industry. We had a fabulous day enjoying his immense information and knowledge about Jamaica, it's history, music and food (especially those macaroons!).
We would reccommend him to anyone as he gave us a truly unforgettable day which we will never forget.
Thanks very much Glen, good luck and best wishes.
Linda and Dave

Visited June 2013

Littleton, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable, friendly, proud Jamaican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Glen Garwood drove us from the airport to Riu Ocho Rios and also gave us a ride back to the airport at the end of our week. I communicated with him via email before our trip, and he always quickly responded in a professional manner. He picked us up on time, in an air-conditioned van with cold beer and water. He made the drive so much fun and gave us some great information about the island of Jamaica. He gave us some restaurant and tour recommendations that were spot on! At the end of our week, he called our room, checked our flight status and picked us up at the time he communicated. He is such a nice man and so proud of his country! He knows it all! We had a great time in Jamaica and will always contact Glen for a ride on our future visits. Next time we'll book a few day trips with him, too! Thank you Glen!

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best tour guide ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first trip back to Jamaica since leaving when I was a kid, and I have to say Glen Garwood made this trip an exceptional one! First full day tour, Glen took us to Port Antonio to see Sommerset Falls, Blue Lagoon and French Man's Cove. I was very impressed at his varied knowledge of the island, even offering little tid-bits about movies filmed at various places. The streets are curvy and unpredicatable, but Glen is a pro driver. He took very good care of us making us feel at home and comfortable, even tailoring the trip to our personal interests. He offered to take pictures while we explored and even went out of his way to cut aloe from his own garden to treat my sunburn. His services are more affordable than other tours we researched, allowing us to do much more (Bamboo rafting, Duns River, etc). My family and I cannot wait to start planning our next trip back, we will definately be repeat customers :)

Vinings, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
“The best way to Xplore Jamaica with a wonderful guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was my husband & sister in law's first trip home in 20+ years. We were on a family trip with our toddler (4year old) & preteen (12 year old). Jamaica Xplored and Glen was the guide for 2 out of our 5 days on the island. I contacted Glen a week prior to arriving to Jamaica and he immediately responded and catered our experience towards everyone in the group! We loved Glen from day 1 and he gave us a once in a lifetime experience. The vehicle was comfortable & nice with an awesome driver (if you see how the locals drive you will appreciate that!). Also Glen is a photographer so he will capture for you some amazing sights or give you the opportunity to capture some on your own.Since my husband has not been home in a while Glen reminded him of home plus showed him a Jamaica he's never seen before! From the drive to pick us up from the resort to the time we arrived back to the resort each moment was amazing! My family now considers Glen apart of the family and we were sadder leaving him than leaving the island itself (even my kids were devastated & love him). If you want a once in a lifetime experience, no matter if its your 30th time visiting Jamaica, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact Jamaica Xplored, you will not regret it!

Austin
“Glen is the Man!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The island was beautiful and the hotel was nice but taking an all day tour with Glen was without a doubt the best thing I did in Jamaica. Glen is extremely knowledgeable, exciting to listen to, and knows how to show his guest a good time on his island.

From the airport transfer to the all day tour each minute with Glen made the trip worth every penny. Glen picked us up at the airport with a cooler full of ice cold beverages, a clean and cool van, and an amazing charisma that is sure to start anyone's trip off right. He was so great that we called him back to take us on an all day tour a couple days later. This tour was the highlight of my trip because Glen made sure of it. Glen makes it his mission to introduce the great food and culture of his island to everyone he meets.

If you ever take a trip to Ocho Rios I sincerely suggest that you make it your mission to take a tour with Glen Garwood.