“A LOT of fun, a LITTLE pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 77 Activities in Ocho Rios
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Adventure
Davie, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“A LOT of fun, a LITTLE pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I had a great time here. We chose to do the "tranopy tour package" which includes a the ride up the rainforest on the chair lift, the bobsled ride, and the zipline. We pre-purchased our ticket through their website since it gave us a 10% discount. Our tour guide, Ricardo from Liberty tours, took us to the attraction and was kind enough to wait for us for several hours until we were done with all of the activities.

The site is beautiful; raw nature at its best. It's hard to believe that it is all wild nature and not a man-made scenery in Disney. I was a little skeptical of the bobsled ride since I had read mixed reviews, but I thought it was a blast; it was fun, fast, and had enough twists and turns to leave me satisfied. The zip lining was a cool experience, and the two guides that went with us made the experience hilarious! These guys were SO entertaining and funny... they kept the whole group laughing throughout all of the zip line stations. They even showed us how to zip line upside down and gave us the option to do it.

We loved it... but in hindsight, I feel it is a bit over priced and that's why I gave it a 4 star instead of 5. We paid $123.75 each for the package after the 10% discount. Considering that it is more than paying to go to Disney, I feel it is a little too much. According to our tour guide, Ricardo from Liberty Tours, you are better off going to Chukka if you are mainly interested in the zip-lining since it is cheaper and it has more zip lining stations.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Sitting on Top of the World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Sky lifted to the top of Mystic Mountain above the canopy of the rain forest. Enjoyed the breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea below and ziplined through the forest and drove a bobsled too. (Let's face it: It's a roller coaster that you sort of control.) Loved it all.

Pinellas County, FL
12 attraction reviews
“BOBSLED Jamaica!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

It was a bit of an effort to get to the bobsled point, but once on this gravity driven bobsled, it was a ton of fun! We went twice, and followed it up with a pint of overproof rum - conveniently available from the gift shop. It was a very short drive from the cruise terminal - you can see the cruise ship from your chair lift ride to the top. A very nice relaxing visit.

Visited May 2013
Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Underwhelming to say the least”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Zipline Tranopy tour was high on our list of things to do while we were in Jamaica. We booked the combo package, so we completed this along with the bobsled ride. We were delayed for a little while, due to a heavy rain. Once the weather cleared, the associates got everyone ready for the tranopy tour. After putting on all of your gear, you walk along a trail to the first line. The guides quickly moved everyone along from platform to platform. It goes by VERY quickly. Each line was too short for our liking, but others may think it was just enough. It could have also been that we were rushed due to the weather delay. I would probably seek out a different location to try a tranopy tour at next time. We booked through our vacation specialist at the resort and paid $132 USD per person (for the combo package), which in my opinion, was very overpriced for this attraction!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Mystic Mountain - Tranopy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Torn between giving this attraction 3 or 4 stars.

Was really looking forward to this trip with my husband & 2 teenage boys but was left a little underwhelmed. We all did the "Tranopy Package" which consisted of the Sky Explorer (chairlift) Zipline & Bobsled. I think it would be a difficult trip if members of your party didn't want to do a particular element of the package as you'd just be left killing time. The chairlift offered great views of the mountains and the coastline of Ocho Rios, Ziplines were fun but they were too short and the queue for the Bobsled ride took forever (but maybe that was just bad timing on our part!), however the ride itself was great fun you control your own speed.

We paid US$112 per adult for our package via our Thomas Cook (UK) tour rep and as our visit coinsided with the attractions' birthday celebration so we got a discount, glad I didn't pay the full price of US$132 - I don't think it's worth that much...

There was a small swimming pool and water slide next to the restaurant / bar and there was a small area with vendors selling the usual tourist stuff & refreshments as well as a garden / bird area which you can walk around.

Visited July 2013