“AMAZING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chrisanns Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Chrisanns Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chrisanns Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 104, Tower Isle | St. Mary, Ocho Rios 00876, Jamaica   |
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Winnipeg, Canada
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I would love to share my vacation to promote "Chrisannes resort". My husband & I have often stayed in hotels but this vacation we found "Chrisannes". What a amazing experience. Every morning I was greeted with a "good morning" from each staff member.

As we watched the sunrise & sunset , there was no better place than the beach. We had our own swimming area with tons of fish. We also had a private pool. We even saw a octopus that lived in the sea near a rock. The employees took the time to take us swimming to show us all the star fish at the bottom of the sea. I cant express how wonderful it felt to feel so welcome & relaxed. We had a wonderful house keeper named Charmaine. Everyday she took the time to make sure our room was beautiful & fresh.

The owner ( Dulcia Tulloch) was a incredible women with so much energy & dedication the the resort. She was always willing to help & educate us on JAMAICA.

We had a near by grocery store & a couple restaurants. I jogged a mile every morning and security & everyone was sure to keep an eye on me. LOTS OF FRIENDLY PEOPLE & A DESTINATION TO LOOK FORWARD TO ANUALLY. This has been our fifth time to Jamaica & we finally found our second home at CHRISANNES APT #9

I cannot ask for anything more than to return to Chrisannes again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
ontario canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed two nights. Very clean and away from the busy city. Loved having my own kitchen and stocked up on ice from the shop across the road. Would have loved to stay longer and will return. Perfect spot to rest and relax. Comfy beds. Bring your own shampoo and soap. Loved this place and the price. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Chrisanns Resort. We stayed in room 27.
These are the Pros of this resort:
The staff are really nice. This place has your basic needs, You're basically renting a studio (stove and refrigerator included). They have a pool and a private beach. They have housekeepers that stop by daily.
There is a supermarket, Jerk station and bar directly across the street.

Here are the Cons: if you are looking for a high-end resort this is not it. The space was small. There is an upstairs (which is just stairs leading to a small bedroom). The dresser drawers were broken and seemed cheaply made. There are no ceiling fans in this space (seems to be the case in other rooms at this place based on reviews from a friend), so it was hot up there despite us turning on the a/c. We slept downstairs in the pullout couch the entire time. The stairs leading upstairs are very narrow and too vertical.. you feel like you might fall each time you go up or down them. The wifi does NOT work!
I was told this place was renovated or updated, nothing in here seemed that way except for the a/c unit downstairs. (definitely not the refrigerator or stove). The toilet needs to be fixed. Sometimes when you flush it, the handle gets jammed and the water keeps flushing repeatedly.
When you turn on the kitchen facet, water sprays everywhere. They need new pots.

The property: Yes there is a private beach, but there are sharp rocks all over the sand and in the water. I dont think this would be the place for a pleasant stroll along the beach. The right side of this private beach (near the wall) to the other side smells like raw fish. There were a bit of trash on the left side of this private beach near the gazebo (wrappers, bottles, etc) in the water.
There is a gazebo (as mentioned above) that looks like a hazard. The poles holding this concrete gazebo up are deteriorated to a great extent at the top. This thing looks like it's ready to collapse any moment. There is a light switch by this gazebo, when it turned dark my husband decides to turn it on and got shocked.
Had we actually stayed in the hotel a good portion of time, this is not your best option for a romantic or family getaway. However if you are not a fussy person, you might like this place.

The thing about this resort is it looks beautiful on pictures taken even by us but when you see it in person, it's just an ok place.. nothing to go crazy about.

Overall the friendliness of the staff is what makes this place an ok place along with the pool and area it is in.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are supposedly better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I so want to rate this place a 5 but It would be a false review. The grounds and some staff were awesome. The unit was okay. Some changes the manager should consider to make this place impeccable are:

1. Miss. Charmaine should train all of the house keepers and over see their work.

She is a hard working older woman that puts the other housekeeper (Cathy) to shame. Cathy does the bare minimum to keep the place clean. Our balcony was never cleaned and had dried bird poop all over it on our arrival. On the contrary, Charmaine cleans her "wing" from the inside out.

Another thing to consider before confirming your reservation is clearly stating the AC unit should be cleaned before your arrival. We never noticed how dirty the unit was until the one day we spent all day in doors. The next morning my family woke up feeling ill and spitting up black mucus. My three year old had black nasal drainage. My husband noticed the issue. it looked like that AC unit wasn't cleaned in months. Miss. Charmaine came to the rescue and fixed the problem immediately. She was more concerned for us and our comfort which brings me to the second change.

2. The current manager, Wilson, should be demoted to, I believe her name is, Shenice's position. After mentioning our situation to the manager all he said was, "I have to investigate this." Not even a dry apology. Shenice should be promoted. she is young but has what it takes to run the place and make customers happy. I met the manager once but saw her at least four times during my seven day stay. She is sweet and personable.

3. Fix the wifi! Glenn's wifi works better in the parking lot. There are full bars but no connection at Chrisann's...doesn't make any sense. I could are less but people like my little sister depend on wifi which made this place desirable to her.

Now for the good stuff. My favorite parts of the trip were spending time with Chase and Christie. I absolutely love and adore these men. Chase is the day time grounds keeper. He was great to my family. I miss him dearly and can't wait to see him again. To be quite honest, we didn't care to be in our condo or to leave Chrisann's when Chase was working because he was a pleasure to be around. Christie made leaving the grounds enjoyable. His rates are reasonable and his professionalism speaks volumes. He catered to my family's every need and treated us like family when we were there.

Mrs. Tulloch actually helped me book my stay and gave me great insight to the island and Chrisann's even though I didn't rent her suite. I would've loved to but the place is always booked. So book early!

The views you see are real. The grounds are well maintained and stunning. I call it a "clean beach" because there is a combination of sand and stones so you aren't covered with sand when you leave the water. My daughter and sister enjoyed the pool more because the water was warmer but my husband and I spent everyday in the ocean.

The location is great because there is a combination of locals and tourists here. I preferred that over the hustle and bustle of town. There are two places to eat across the street and a grocery store. If you are on a budget choose Glenn's for breakfast and the Jerk Center for dinner. The food at Glenn's was good but expensive ($10 US or more per person). Pick chicken or fish from the jerk center and you can't go wrong. The little shop across the street is great. You can get your essentials there.

Over all, I would go back if I can stay in either 9 or 16. Regardless of where I stay, I will be back to spend time with my beloved Chase.

Room Tip: Mrs. Tulloch owns suite 9 and keeps her place well-maintained per staff. She is very personable and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ajax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A smaller (35) unit property 10 minutes out of Ocho Rios in the Tower Isle area, All apartments, pool and small private beach, located across the road from grocery store and restaurant. Stayed in unit 9, a corner unit with limited view. Unit was well appointed and comfortable, would have liked to have had a TV upstairs in the bedroom. Stove needs some attention. We did not use the WIFI, but were advised on our second day that some work was being done on the system...on the day before we left someone showed up to fix the WIFI. Personal preference would have been for a poolside unit (but not a negative)at the end of either side of the U shaped property. As others have suggested a bar b q pit or unit would be a great addition and could become a gathering place for guests. Security was generally ever present (although did return late at night and did not see security) did not see or meet "property management" at any time. Property (not the unit ) was showing signs of wear/time. If using Glenn's across the road pay in Jamaican dollars in cash or specify JA $ on cc. Would send friends if this is the type of holiday they want.

Room Tip: Consider own preference, poolside, one level, view, etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mahe Island, Seychelles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When I booked this resort for a surprise getaway for my husband and I, I did not know what we were going to find, so based on the beautiful pictures of the place I went ahead and booked. We went there from Saturday March 2, 2013 but arrived very late in the night and were pleasantly surprised to see that the Front Office Manager, Mr. Wilson stayed on to welcome us even though he was to have left work hours before.

The room # 30 (junior suite I think) that we got was very comfortable and homely with the amenities we needed for our stay. The bedroom is upstairs and the sitting, dining, bathroom and kitchen downstairs. All rooms at the Resort over looks the pool and the ones downstairs (studios I think) takes you straight out to the poolside. The beach is just a couple feet away from the rooms and has a spectacular sight. All areas of the Resort was clean, looks freshly painted and well kept. The staff that we met were very friendly and always have a warm smile to offer the guests. We got the opportunity to see other categories of rooms from Jennifer (one of the housekeepers) and Mr. Wilson who did not have to do this. They did it with such love and patience thank you!!!

Our only setback during our stay was that the weather was very bad starting from the morning after we arrived :-( which was no fault of the Resort or staff, It was a tropical depression but the staff especially the grounds staff worked hard to keep the place immaculately clean as best as they could under the circumstance. I most of all regretted not being able to swim in the pool or the beach but this was understandable. My husband and I spent most of our time indoors cooking for each other and just having some one on one us time that was much needed :-). We did go into the town which was not far away and on Tuesday March 5, 2013 I surprised my husband by arranging with the Manager to have a professional full body masseuse over for 2 hours to give us some well deserved massage with scented candles and oils.

Over all we had a wonderful time (without the swimming) as the place is very quiet and private (if you are looking for that kind of vacation). Security was actively in place. I would recommend Chris Ann's Beach Resort to anyone who want to relax and not have a high impact vacation. Oh how could I forget....the place was surprisingly very, very affordable, So much that we were more than able to go shopping for groceries for us to enjoy during our stay, and still spent well under our budget for this getaway! I must add that the pictures on the internet were exactly what was there..... very beautiful and that was what caught my eyes first. We checked out on Wednesday March 6, 2013 on the day when the weather got soooo good and the sun was shining in its full sting (was tempted to stay longer but had to get back to reality)

RECOMMENDATION: (1) All rooms should have internet access
(2) An outdoor bar-b-q area for guests to use would be awesome
may be the little area near the gazebo by the beach as you do not
have a restaurant facility.

A special thanks to Rebecca, her mom, the grounds men (who gave us jelly coconuts), The securities who always have a good word for us, Mr. Wilson, Jennifer and the rest of the Chris Ann's family.

Melton and Coleen Ernesta

Room Tip: Saw a lot of category rooms that are nice in their own way so ask for options and possibly to see o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

After having a wonderful time at Chrisanns resort the first time ,my sister and I went back for a 10 day holiday. This time we rented a 2 story ocean front 3 bedroom apartment #16 ,
it was awesome the view from every window overlooking the ocean. At night the sound of the ocean and the rustling of the palm trees transferred you in to dreamland for a good night sleep. Would have liked a different and newer mattress .
It is an older unit currently for sale and in need of a little TLC .The kitchen is well stocked , the owner of #9 Dulcia was very helpful and made sure she checked on the dishes and pots & pants
As she knew I would be doing a lot of cooking.Thank you Dulcia.
My sister was in awe and enjoyed every moment to the fullest.
About the apartment it self , a big nice kitchen ,
comfortable furniture , big dining room table to enjoy our dinners.
The broken TV was quickly replaced , so was my air conditioning
And some plumbing issues.Nice when things get fixed right away.
The apartment is very large especially the bedrooms.
The A/C units in the bedrooms are very quiet .
We spend time on a big balcony overlooking the pool and the ocean
eating breakfast and happy hour.
The staff was so friendly and made us feel at home.
Again we where treated to some coconuts right from the trees of the property.
The grocery store across the street was very convenient and was also well stocked.
Glens restaurant across the street has delicious food and friendly service , we even had a Jamaican Man sing us a song playing his guitar while having breakfast on the terrace.
We went to the fisherman market for fresh fish , what an adventure for my sister,
The other fresh fish where supplied by one of the staff ,
to make sure we get top quality at a good price.
Trips to Ocho Rios market where fun. We where sad to leave and hope some day to return.
Thank you to everybody at Chrisanns for making our stay special.

Room Tip: Every room in #16 is perfect , as it is ocean front, can,t get much closer to the water !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Chrisanns Beach Resort? Share your experiences!