I so want to rate this place a 5 but It would be a false review. The grounds and some staff were awesome. The unit was okay. Some changes the manager should consider to make this place impeccable are:
1. Miss. Charmaine should train all of the house keepers and over see their work.
She is a hard working older woman that puts the other housekeeper (Cathy) to shame. Cathy does the bare minimum to keep the place clean. Our balcony was never cleaned and had dried bird poop all over it on our arrival. On the contrary, Charmaine cleans her "wing" from the inside out.
Another thing to consider before confirming your reservation is clearly stating the AC unit should be cleaned before your arrival. We never noticed how dirty the unit was until the one day we spent all day in doors. The next morning my family woke up feeling ill and spitting up black mucus. My three year old had black nasal drainage. My husband noticed the issue. it looked like that AC unit wasn't cleaned in months. Miss. Charmaine came to the rescue and fixed the problem immediately. She was more concerned for us and our comfort which brings me to the second change.
2. The current manager, Wilson, should be demoted to, I believe her name is, Shenice's position. After mentioning our situation to the manager all he said was, "I have to investigate this." Not even a dry apology. Shenice should be promoted. she is young but has what it takes to run the place and make customers happy. I met the manager once but saw her at least four times during my seven day stay. She is sweet and personable.
3. Fix the wifi! Glenn's wifi works better in the parking lot. There are full bars but no connection at Chrisann's...doesn't make any sense. I could are less but people like my little sister depend on wifi which made this place desirable to her.
Now for the good stuff. My favorite parts of the trip were spending time with Chase and Christie. I absolutely love and adore these men. Chase is the day time grounds keeper. He was great to my family. I miss him dearly and can't wait to see him again. To be quite honest, we didn't care to be in our condo or to leave Chrisann's when Chase was working because he was a pleasure to be around. Christie made leaving the grounds enjoyable. His rates are reasonable and his professionalism speaks volumes. He catered to my family's every need and treated us like family when we were there.
Mrs. Tulloch actually helped me book my stay and gave me great insight to the island and Chrisann's even though I didn't rent her suite. I would've loved to but the place is always booked. So book early!
The views you see are real. The grounds are well maintained and stunning. I call it a "clean beach" because there is a combination of sand and stones so you aren't covered with sand when you leave the water. My daughter and sister enjoyed the pool more because the water was warmer but my husband and I spent everyday in the ocean.
The location is great because there is a combination of locals and tourists here. I preferred that over the hustle and bustle of town. There are two places to eat across the street and a grocery store. If you are on a budget choose Glenn's for breakfast and the Jerk Center for dinner. The food at Glenn's was good but expensive ($10 US or more per person). Pick chicken or fish from the jerk center and you can't go wrong. The little shop across the street is great. You can get your essentials there.
Over all, I would go back if I can stay in either 9 or 16. Regardless of where I stay, I will be back to spend time with my beloved Chase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios