When I booked this resort for a surprise getaway for my husband and I, I did not know what we were going to find, so based on the beautiful pictures of the place I went ahead and booked. We went there from Saturday March 2, 2013 but arrived very late in the night and were pleasantly surprised to see that the Front Office Manager, Mr. Wilson stayed on to welcome us even though he was to have left work hours before.
The room # 30 (junior suite I think) that we got was very comfortable and homely with the amenities we needed for our stay. The bedroom is upstairs and the sitting, dining, bathroom and kitchen downstairs. All rooms at the Resort over looks the pool and the ones downstairs (studios I think) takes you straight out to the poolside. The beach is just a couple feet away from the rooms and has a spectacular sight. All areas of the Resort was clean, looks freshly painted and well kept. The staff that we met were very friendly and always have a warm smile to offer the guests. We got the opportunity to see other categories of rooms from Jennifer (one of the housekeepers) and Mr. Wilson who did not have to do this. They did it with such love and patience thank you!!!
Our only setback during our stay was that the weather was very bad starting from the morning after we arrived :-( which was no fault of the Resort or staff, It was a tropical depression but the staff especially the grounds staff worked hard to keep the place immaculately clean as best as they could under the circumstance. I most of all regretted not being able to swim in the pool or the beach but this was understandable. My husband and I spent most of our time indoors cooking for each other and just having some one on one us time that was much needed :-). We did go into the town which was not far away and on Tuesday March 5, 2013 I surprised my husband by arranging with the Manager to have a professional full body masseuse over for 2 hours to give us some well deserved massage with scented candles and oils.
Over all we had a wonderful time (without the swimming) as the place is very quiet and private (if you are looking for that kind of vacation). Security was actively in place. I would recommend Chris Ann's Beach Resort to anyone who want to relax and not have a high impact vacation. Oh how could I forget....the place was surprisingly very, very affordable, So much that we were more than able to go shopping for groceries for us to enjoy during our stay, and still spent well under our budget for this getaway! I must add that the pictures on the internet were exactly what was there..... very beautiful and that was what caught my eyes first. We checked out on Wednesday March 6, 2013 on the day when the weather got soooo good and the sun was shining in its full sting (was tempted to stay longer but had to get back to reality)
RECOMMENDATION: (1) All rooms should have internet access
(2) An outdoor bar-b-q area for guests to use would be awesome
may be the little area near the gazebo by the beach as you do not
have a restaurant facility.
A special thanks to Rebecca, her mom, the grounds men (who gave us jelly coconuts), The securities who always have a good word for us, Mr. Wilson, Jennifer and the rest of the Chris Ann's family.
Melton and Coleen Ernesta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HRS, Odigeo, Hotwire and Despegar.com so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios