When we started looking for a Caribbean vacation spot in the Caribbean, this one quickly came to be the frontrunner because of all of its features and great rental price. The beautiful photos and excellent reviews encouraged us to call and speak to Daniela. She answered all of our questions quickly and we ended up booking 8 months in advance to be assured of getting the time we wanted as the time slot we originally wanted was gone within one week of our initial search.
We used Kristy for our transportation to Chrisann's upon arriving in country and also for the return trip back to the airport. We were very pleased with his pricing, service, punctuality, knowledge and kindness. He allowed us to stop at the grocery on the way to the condo and even walked with us through the store giving us advice when we had questions. The condo is exactly as seen in the pictures and is very bright, comfortable and clean. We were invited into a couple of other units at Chrisann's and they were very dark, plain and boring compared to Daniela's. We really enjoyed laying in the window seats and the hammocks out front for reading or taking a short nap. Daniela's unit gets the morning sun and it is very enjoyable to sit on the front porch at any time of the day or evening, also it is the only one with the hammocks and we saw some very envious looks when we were in them. We were very pleased to find the linens and towels above expectations and there is everthing you could want in the kitchen (although we never really cooked. Cathy and Charmaine were very pleasant, kind and kept the place spotless daily. The beach was small but clean and we would never tire of listening to the sound of the surf, especially since it is only 40 feet away from the condo. We only ate one expensive dinner out (on our anniversary) at Evita's, but the food was exceptional and the view was very romantic as it sits on a hill overlooking town. Glenn's restaurant (but was only OK and fairly costly) was right across the street from Chrisann's. But we became regulars at the Jerk Centre (two doors down from Glenn's), as it is a charming little outside restaurant that probably serves 50% Jamaican and 50%Tourist's and had fabulous local dishes served daily at very reasonable prices. Scotchies Too is a must visit for the pimento wood fired pork, chicken. We used the local route taxis a couple of times but found it more comfortable and less stressful to use a private hired taxi, however they are much more costly. Make sure that you climb Dunns River Falls, a natural wonder of Jamaica!! We also visited Noel Coward's home (Fire Fly) and it was on of the most spectacular and beautiful views of the Caribbean sea you will ever see. This condo was overall just a great place to relax and have the sea lull you into tranquility. Have fun and NO PROBLEM, MON!!! Irie (one love) !!!!
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.