“A nice apartment on a Paradise Island” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chrisanns Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Chrisanns Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chrisanns Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 104, Tower Isle | St. Mary, Ocho Rios 00876, Jamaica   |
Ranked #9 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
London, United Kingdom
“A nice apartment on a Paradise Island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I arrived at Chrisman’s resorts very late in the night and on arrival I was warmly welcomed by Dulcia’s personal caretaker who helped me with my luggage.

On entering apartment #9 I was very disappointed I didn't get the Wow! factor I was expecting. The images which are displayed on the website are very deceiving and are not a true reflection of the apartment.
Downstairs living room, bathroom and kitchen are like any standard apartment and nothing like the images on Chrisann’s website or what the owner Dulcina displayed. The only room I liked was the bedroom which was exactly like the images. I slept very comfortable in the very large queen size bed.
I have to thank the maids who did a wonderful job in keeping the apartment clean and tidy, they changed the bed regularly and when I asked for additional sheets and other items they were all very pleasant and was helpful in providing a fast service.

The kitchen is a bit small but had all the necessary utensils and much more…. there was even a food blender, coffee make, toaster and Dulcia provided that all the necessary food required to get you started for the first couple of days e.g. sugar, milk, water, tea bags and a bottle of wine to welcome me etc…

The villa’s communal areas were very nice. The beach was very clean and quiet. It was wonderful to relax on the beautiful private beach in the lovely sunshine, beautiful sea and cooling sea freeze. The pool is fairly large and the water was warm, although on one occasion they did forgot to add chlorine to the water. The pool, villa grounds, front & back was cleaned every day.

The reception staffs were helpful; when I complained to Dulcia about the internet which was down it was connected immediately and the staff was very helpful in helping me to connect my laptop.

Overall my stay at Chrisann’s in apt #9 was very pleasant and relaxing. I would stay there again but only if the rates was much cheaper, on account that apartment #9 and Chrisann’s villas needs refurbishing. In addition Chrisanns needs to invest in a back-up generator.
Eating out was not a problem as there‘s Glenn’s restaurant and the local shop if you prefer cooking your own meal, conveniently across the road. There are also numerous restaurants (e.g. Island Grill, Captain’s Bakery, The Jerk Centre and many more....) just a 5mins taxi ride to Ochio. The taxis are very cheap only cost 70p from Chrisann’s to Ocho town centre. I eat at Glen’s and the food was excellent, very tasty and service was wonderful.

I will definite visit Jamaica again, it is a wonderful island with miles of stunning natural coastline; a paradise for beach-lovers. Among the island's best offerings are Negril's Seven Mile Beach with great snorkeling and diving, Treasure Beach on the South Coast and Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, which has sand that looks like sugar. Ocho Rios has stunning beaches great hotels and apartments, lots of local shops, two craft markets, local market and Turtle Park.

I would recommend Dulcia’s apartment and Chrisann's resorts to others, it is an ideal (3 star) resort/apartment if you are not too fussy and on a low budget.

Room Tip: It's cheaper to eat out as there are numerous restaurants e.g Island Grill, Captain's Bakery...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would like to thank Dulcia who owns apartment number 9 at chrissan. Dulcia had helped me with arrangements for my wedding at chrissans she constantly kept in touch from day one until the day she also made an effort to be at my wedding even though the weather was so Bad she drove from Kingston, which i was really great full. This is my 3rd time there its a beautiful place. Number 9 is really cosy and comfortable, the housing keeping staff are fantastic too. Its some were you feel safe and relaxed. I took my whole family there from england who really enjoyed it and all said they would stay again. Thank you again Dulica i would recommend Chrissans to anyone who's want to go to jamaica

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at Chrisanns, Tower Isle, Jamaica. We rented Dulcia's apartment #9. What a lovely home away from home. The staff as Chrisanns were wonderful, Jennifer, Charmaine, Cathy and Chase. We would also like to mention Mr. Christy & Dr Bell whose taxi services we used. Across the road is the Tower Isle Jerk Center with Debbie and Lisa. Service was great and their food is excellent, especially the curried goat and brown stew fish. Chase took us to Fisherman's Point for a fish dinner, one of the best meals we have ever eaten. Christy and Dr Bell showed us their Jamaica to include the Blue Lagoon and Ruby's Jerk Stand (thanks Christy). Forget all-inclusive, you have to go to Chrisanns. We were lucky enough to meet Dulcia, a fellow countryman!!. And when Hurricane Sandy blew in Chase and Dulcia took excellent care of us and made sure we were safe and had provisions. Dulcia generously allowed us to stay free of charge during the hurricane.We have travelled extensively and this has been one of the best holidays ever. Thanks to everyone we met, you made us feel welcome in your beautiful country.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in Apt # 9 for seven nights and it was just wonderful , better than I had dreamed.
The apartment was just as the pictures portrayed it.
Dulcia the owner was wonderful and provided lots of information about the apartment
the surroundings, how to catch a taxi, as well information about Ocho Rios
the markets....where to buy fish & vegetables.I felt well informed and secure.
I had mentioned that I would like some Jamaican coffee for my first morning and she provided it including the filters.
The resort is quiet and absolutely beautiful the first 3 days I had the pool all to myself , I could not believe it.
The staff was great , and they helped me purchase some fresh Snapper fish fresh from the sea.
The kitchen in Apt # 9 had everything I needed since I did most of the cooking everyday
Charmaine the housekeeper was lovely and brought me fresh flowers , how sweet.
The bed was divine , very comfortable and I liked the fine linens & feather duvet, just like home.
I was able to walk across the street to the grocery store and was surprised that it was well stocked
Large choice of frozen meats & fish...some vegetables ......can goods.......even alcoholic beverages......
One day I was all alone in the pool when the staff harvested some coconuts and shared them with me .
that alone was an adventure. The pool was super clean and the sea pool also.I just loved everything.
After my return and sharing the 200 pictures I took with my friends & family ,
I am planning to return next year with my sister in the spring and with my daughter in the fall.
Thank you, Dulcia, for making my stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Apt. #9 perfect location Pool & Ocean View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The beds are amazing, slept so well. Air Con was very quiet which is always a bonus. Staff were lovely, helped me out when I needed to get last minute ticket tickets to a concert. Will stay again for sure. RECOMENDED

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

we stayed a week in june. the staff is the best! we felt welcomed, taken care of. they are really warm and so nice.
the room was spacious, very clean.
dont understand why people couldnt sleep because of the noise - it is very quiet!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Apartment no. 9 - owner Dulcia Tulloch

I had a lovely stay at Chrisanns. The apartment is perfect, a home away from home! It looks exactly as it does in the pictures on Dulcia's website. The housekeeper Charmaine is absolutely lovely, very attentive and helpful, she does a fantastic job! The reception staff are also very friendly and helpful. Dulcia provided me with so much useful information before I arrived, which really put me at ease as I was travelling alone.

There is a supermarket across the road and Glenn's restaurant which I visited a few times, they do a really nice breakfast. You can catch route taxis on the main road into Ocho Rios, it's about a 15 min ride. Or you can book a private taxi, Dulcia provides you with the contact details in your pre-arrival guide.

I also visited Couples Tower Isle Resort for the day, a day pass costs $60 US dollars and you can use all the facilities. I also had spa treatments at an extra cost, Couples Tower Isle is a 10 min walk from Chrisanns.

Thank you for a wonderful stay, hopefully I'll be visiting again in the near future :))

Kind regards

Danielle

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Chrisanns Beach Resort? Share your experiences!