I arrived at Chrisman’s resorts very late in the night and on arrival I was warmly welcomed by Dulcia’s personal caretaker who helped me with my luggage.
On entering apartment #9 I was very disappointed I didn't get the Wow! factor I was expecting. The images which are displayed on the website are very deceiving and are not a true reflection of the apartment.
Downstairs living room, bathroom and kitchen are like any standard apartment and nothing like the images on Chrisann’s website or what the owner Dulcina displayed. The only room I liked was the bedroom which was exactly like the images. I slept very comfortable in the very large queen size bed.
I have to thank the maids who did a wonderful job in keeping the apartment clean and tidy, they changed the bed regularly and when I asked for additional sheets and other items they were all very pleasant and was helpful in providing a fast service.
The kitchen is a bit small but had all the necessary utensils and much more…. there was even a food blender, coffee make, toaster and Dulcia provided that all the necessary food required to get you started for the first couple of days e.g. sugar, milk, water, tea bags and a bottle of wine to welcome me etc…
The villa’s communal areas were very nice. The beach was very clean and quiet. It was wonderful to relax on the beautiful private beach in the lovely sunshine, beautiful sea and cooling sea freeze. The pool is fairly large and the water was warm, although on one occasion they did forgot to add chlorine to the water. The pool, villa grounds, front & back was cleaned every day.
The reception staffs were helpful; when I complained to Dulcia about the internet which was down it was connected immediately and the staff was very helpful in helping me to connect my laptop.
Overall my stay at Chrisann’s in apt #9 was very pleasant and relaxing. I would stay there again but only if the rates was much cheaper, on account that apartment #9 and Chrisann’s villas needs refurbishing. In addition Chrisanns needs to invest in a back-up generator.
Eating out was not a problem as there‘s Glenn’s restaurant and the local shop if you prefer cooking your own meal, conveniently across the road. There are also numerous restaurants (e.g. Island Grill, Captain’s Bakery, The Jerk Centre and many more....) just a 5mins taxi ride to Ochio. The taxis are very cheap only cost 70p from Chrisann’s to Ocho town centre. I eat at Glen’s and the food was excellent, very tasty and service was wonderful.
I will definite visit Jamaica again, it is a wonderful island with miles of stunning natural coastline; a paradise for beach-lovers. Among the island's best offerings are Negril's Seven Mile Beach with great snorkeling and diving, Treasure Beach on the South Coast and Doctor's Cave Beach in Montego Bay, which has sand that looks like sugar. Ocho Rios has stunning beaches great hotels and apartments, lots of local shops, two craft markets, local market and Turtle Park.
I would recommend Dulcia’s apartment and Chrisann's resorts to others, it is an ideal (3 star) resort/apartment if you are not too fussy and on a low budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chrisanns Beach Resort is a complex of beachfront vacation apartments located four miles east of Ocho Rios that offers any holidaymaker an experience of Jamaca they could never forget. This enchanting property has its own private pool and beach with a gazebo that overlooks the ocean. Facilities include: air conditioning, cable television, housekeeping, fully equipped kitchen, 24 hours security and safety deposit box. Each apartment is privately owned and therefore has something different to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Chrisanns Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chrisanns Beach Hotel Ocho Rios
- Chrisanns Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios