“My Jamaica Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chrisanns Beach Resort

You added Chrisanns Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chrisanns Beach Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 104, Tower Isle | St. Mary, Ocho Rios 00876, Jamaica   |
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Tampa, Florida
“My Jamaica Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in Apt # 9 for seven nights and it was just wonderful , better than I had dreamed.
The apartment was just as the pictures portrayed it.
Dulcia the owner was wonderful and provided lots of information about the apartment
the surroundings, how to catch a taxi, as well information about Ocho Rios
the markets....where to buy fish & vegetables.I felt well informed and secure.
I had mentioned that I would like some Jamaican coffee for my first morning and she provided it including the filters.
The resort is quiet and absolutely beautiful the first 3 days I had the pool all to myself , I could not believe it.
The staff was great , and they helped me purchase some fresh Snapper fish fresh from the sea.
The kitchen in Apt # 9 had everything I needed since I did most of the cooking everyday
Charmaine the housekeeper was lovely and brought me fresh flowers , how sweet.
The bed was divine , very comfortable and I liked the fine linens & feather duvet, just like home.
I was able to walk across the street to the grocery store and was surprised that it was well stocked
Large choice of frozen meats & fish...some vegetables ......can goods.......even alcoholic beverages......
One day I was all alone in the pool when the staff harvested some coconuts and shared them with me .
that alone was an adventure. The pool was super clean and the sea pool also.I just loved everything.
After my return and sharing the 200 pictures I took with my friends & family ,
I am planning to return next year with my sister in the spring and with my daughter in the fall.
Thank you, Dulcia, for making my stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Apt. #9 perfect location Pool & Ocean View
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The beds are amazing, slept so well. Air Con was very quiet which is always a bonus. Staff were lovely, helped me out when I needed to get last minute ticket tickets to a concert. Will stay again for sure. RECOMENDED

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

we stayed a week in june. the staff is the best! we felt welcomed, taken care of. they are really warm and so nice.
the room was spacious, very clean.
dont understand why people couldnt sleep because of the noise - it is very quiet!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Apartment no. 9 - owner Dulcia Tulloch

I had a lovely stay at Chrisanns. The apartment is perfect, a home away from home! It looks exactly as it does in the pictures on Dulcia's website. The housekeeper Charmaine is absolutely lovely, very attentive and helpful, she does a fantastic job! The reception staff are also very friendly and helpful. Dulcia provided me with so much useful information before I arrived, which really put me at ease as I was travelling alone.

There is a supermarket across the road and Glenn's restaurant which I visited a few times, they do a really nice breakfast. You can catch route taxis on the main road into Ocho Rios, it's about a 15 min ride. Or you can book a private taxi, Dulcia provides you with the contact details in your pre-arrival guide.

I also visited Couples Tower Isle Resort for the day, a day pass costs $60 US dollars and you can use all the facilities. I also had spa treatments at an extra cost, Couples Tower Isle is a 10 min walk from Chrisanns.

Thank you for a wonderful stay, hopefully I'll be visiting again in the near future :))

Kind regards

Danielle

• Stayed April 2012
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Choose this one!

My husband and I enjoyed our 8 night stay from start to finish. The condo is just as described and the staff was very friendly. Jamaica is known for the all inclusive scene, but, I have to tell you, you really miss out on getting to know the real Jamaica. Please invest in the locals, avoid those mega resorts. Stay here for a true taste of Island living. Perfect romantic getaway.

We both are sales people (that means we never relax or disconnect from technology). We made a pact to go all 8 days with no TV, phone or internet. We actually survived!!! Maybe this will become a habit.

There are many great activities just a short cab ride away (take the Owner's advice, utilize their favorite driver, Christie). The Jerk Center across the street has great food and a gracious staff (Samantha and AnnMarie are great). Glenn's is right across the street and Biggs (waiter) always greets you with a great big smile. The condo is bright, clean and comfortable. The beach is steps away as is the pool. While you are there, be sure to check ot Shaw Park Gardens.

The only bad part was that we had to leave...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The resort was nice, clean, easy to find not to far from shops. The gas station had a wonderful supermarket with tons of American brand foods. Apartment 31 which belongs to Dulcia Tullouch was nice and comfortable. One of the bedrooms have a king size bed which are two twin beds. The bedroom has two tiny beds good for kids or petite adults was also clean and nice. The air conditioner needed to be cranked up just a little but it did the job. The bathroom tub needs an upgrade. The tub had hard water stains and the toilet but for the most part the floor was spotless. I felt comfortable walking bear foot. The bathroom downstairs had the same hard water stains, and there was no hot water in the morning only at night. The pool was clean, grounds were well kept, staff was polite. At night the resort is a little dark, but security is around. I would recommend this spot for families or a couple. You have to know your way around Jamaica or have someone to drive you around. Security said you can catch a cab, but I did not try to. The kitchen was well stacked with pots, plates, cooking utensils, and everything you need to be comfortable. The one thing I did like the food was package very easy at the local supermarket. For example meat included fresh seasoning, which made easy to cook. packaged. I visited Reggae Beach it was a private Beach not to far it cost 12 dollars US. The Bob Marley museum was great located in Jamaica Kingston. The drive was very scary. I would not attempt to drive there on your own. The roads are scary, felt like a great adventure ride. The Emancipation Park was also beautiful. Fishermans Ward was great next to Margarvitavile . The fish is right from the sea cooked to your liking. This place is a must. I stop by the casino which is located by the clock. Overall the area and resort is not for first timers, its for people who can get around and is familiar with Jamaica. The resort is relaxing not much going on its nice and its across the street.

Room Tip: Apartment # 31 is two bedroom unit very spacy and nice the owner is Dulcia Tulloch
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Unit 24 from April 14-20 and couldn't have been happier. The decor is wonderful, the view is magnificent and the staff was fabulous. The food across the street at Glenn's is great and cheap and Biggs the waiter was a charmer. A 10-minute walk to Reggae Beach, peace, quiet and Red Stripe. Thanks Jamaica.

Room Tip: Choose Unit 24. It's beautifully decorated with original island work as well as that of the own...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Chrisanns Beach Resort? Share your experiences!