“Beautiful place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 23 Attractions in Ocho Rios
Type: Historic Sites, Landmarks/ Points of Interest, Landmarks
“Beautiful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sunset Grand in Ocho Rios. It was a wonderful hotel with a very nice staff, and The food was great as well. The hotel is close to almost all attractions a little far from the airport, but well worth the trip! We were in the South tower and had a wonderful view from every direction! Even as the teens from Spring break started rolling in the hotel was still peaceful. they had everyone well separated so if you wanted to party you could, but if you wanted to relax you could do that as well. I will say if your not prepared the people while shopping (off hotel grounds) can be a little overwhelming. Be ready to say no and walk away fast;) All in all Jamaica was a Beautiful place and the hotel was wonderful!

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“ocho rios, jamaica”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

it was a port stop at ocho rios thru carnival valor cruise, it was a beautiful place that everyone must see this island,....

Visited December 2012
Montego Bay, Jamaica
13 attraction reviews
“History”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Once you travel to Jamaica just be ready to enjoy everything it has to offer,food,music,whitesand beaches and history.The fort plays a significant milestone in the history of jamaica.These forts were built after the English defeated the Spanish in 1655 so as to protect the country from the defeated Spanish or pirates that roamed the Caribbean Sea.Be intrigued by cannons that can be dated back 300years that are still present today along with other artifacts that the English left behind.Unfortunately these cannons where never fired because there was no invasion,instead they where used to celebrate a Royal families birthday or when the English discovered another country.Overall a good experience.

Visited October 2012
Ocean City, Maryland
“Avoid Annie if you want your hair braided.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I wanted to get my hair braided in authentice Jamaican style. My husband and I went into the Margaritaville area, which appeared to be safe (there was security in the entrance). We entered and there were shops leading up to Margaritaville. I stopped in one shop and asked where I could get my hair braided. The shop owner made a quick call and within seconds, a woman named Annie arrived. She was nice and polite initally. She gave me a price and I bargained (as it is customary here, as all of the locals will attempt to get more money for anything than what it is actually worth). We kindly agreed on a price and she started pressuring us to go to another market to buy the hair products to use with the braids. I didn't feel comfortable and said we'd eat lunch, which we did. She asked for $20 to buy the product with (which I was reluctant and wondering if I'd see again). While, eating lunch, Annie came back and was extremely friendly and told us to take our time (I didn't want her to wait so I hurried up and finished my food). Then, I went to the beach area and met her;. She was extremel;y rude and said that she had been waiting forever. I apologized and tried to be nice. She led me to the right side of where a security guard was sleeping (yes, sleeping) and told me to sit down. I did and then 2 other women surrounded me and were smoking the "ganja" right in front of my face. I was extremely nervous (my husband was finishing up paying the lunch bill back at the restaurant). Then, 2 guys showed up and started peddling stuff to me, telling me that they were going to sell my husband ganja. I nicely told them that we weren't interested and couldn't because we would risk ourt jobs. He continued to make sexual comments. My husband soon showed up and then he was pressured to buy the ganja. He told them no, as well. They were relentless. I was scared. Annie was braiding my hair, yanking on my scalp, not saying anything to me, except cackling, "blood clot, man... blood clot, man". I felt as though my scalp were bleeding (I kept the pain to myself as I was scared to death). I tried to be calm and nice, as did my husband. He didn't want to leave me by myself. Then, one of the guys tried to sell us burned cds, a wooden dildo, and continued to try to sell us pot. It was HORRIBLE! I have a lot of tolerance for people who don't have much, but this experience was unbearable!!! Then, another guy came out and started pressuring my husband into buying something. My husband continued to be polite and said, "no, thanks, man" (meanwhile, this was the Margartiaville's Private beach". Then, they guy told my husband to either get the "[--] off of my beach or give me your watch". My husband was wearing a plastic diving watch. It was ridiculous. My husband told him "no" in a firm manner and then they guy started laughing and said, "no problem, man!!". It was crazy! Absolute worst experience ever and my fault for not reading the reviews beforehand. I guess I will avoid any travels to Ocho Rios in the future!

Visited March 2012
Whitefish, Montana
32 attraction reviews
“Little to see”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Three minutes is to much time for this place... nice view though!

Visited January 2012