“Brilliant fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
hemsby
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Its a must if you dont do any other trips you must do dolphin cove, we booked the swim and was upgraded to the ultimate swim for the same cost but after experiencing that would have willingly paid the full price.
Truely was an amazing experience and value for money, we even brought the dvd and cd with pictures on as we both enjoyed the swim so much and wanted to share the experience with our family and grandchildren back home.
The staff are polite and always willing to please to make your visit stress free and put themselves out to ensure your time with them will be remembered always.

Lethbridge, Alberta
7 attraction reviews
“Pricy, but well worth it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just came back from Ocho Rios, and swimming with the dolphins was the sole reason I chose this location. I found the prices a touch high to get in to the park; however, there are plenty of things to see and do once you get in there!

I did the ultimate swim with the dolphins - dorsal fin pull and toe push. The experience was INCREDIBLE! I can now cross this off my bucket list. I literally flew through the air "standing" on two dolphins' snouts. The dolphin handlers seemed to genuinely care about the animals, and were very patient with us swimmers as well. I just wish the push and pull lasted a bit longer, regardless of how many tourists they want to "push" through the park.

There are other things to do at Dolphin Cove as well - sharks, sting ray touch, birds, rabbits, star fish, reptiles, etc. One thing I didn't care for was the sting ray was held in place in the water for what seemed an extraordinarily long amount of time to let tourist after tourist after tourist touch it, but I'm no ray expert.

BUT, I am more experienced with our avian friends…. I loved being in the aviary, and the first "bird keeper" who welcomed us was extremely polite and well-trained in handling birds. The second person we dealt with was what bothered me. He flipped one of the larger birds onto its back while in his hand, and kept stuffing it full of pellets (while on his back), so it would be more docile for a little girl wanting to play with it. I witnessed this a few times. The birds were definitely overfed as well… I understand the thrill of holding out your hand and having birds land on you and feed from your hand. These guys were stuffed though! It was obvious the pellets were "cat nip" for the birds, and they couldn't help themselves, so there needs to be more discretion on the park's part.

I think there should be a bit more training with some of the smaller animals, but the dolphins definitely seemed well-looked after - several are rescues and seemed to be thriving.

Long story short… do it! Go for the ultimate dolphin experience!

Burlington, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Lots of Time with Your Dolphin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We loved the fact you spent a lot of time with your dolphin. Lots more interaction than other places we've been. The downside is that the beach is pretty pathetic and the trainers do sort of ask for tips.

Saskatchewan
4 attraction reviews
“Disapointed with this trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Rep from this excursion gave a great pitch at the resort on the treatment and respect given to the handling of the dolphins - we did not see this. Add the cost plus for attraction levels and this becomes a very expensive tour. If your planning on going - ask specific questions on costs before you book.

Visited January 2014
dolphincoveltd, Manager at Dolphin Cove, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I just wanted to enquire about how you felt that the treatment and respect given to the handling of the dolphins was not unto par. We have multiple handlers and well trained staff on hand including but not limited to a onsite vet. Our dolphins / sharks, stingrays etc are checked daily and are in the best of health. If you would be so kind as to let us know what you felt was wrong I may be able to assist or at least get further information for you.
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Wow what an experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Dolphin Cove was very professional and friendly and the children had such a blast. My only issue was the time constraints regarding the booking from the hotel. (halfday) We did not get enough time to really enjoy the centre for what it was, half a day is not enough...we had to split our swim sessions as we had 3 children and a small baby, so take that into consideration when booking family in and try to arrange a later collection to give you the time you'll need to really enjoy the centre. We crammed as much in as we could, but wouldv'e loved to stay and relax and have something to eat maybe but before we knew it, the bus was waiting. It was THE most unforgettable day and the dolphins were AMAZING! swimming with the stingrays was unreal. We all desperately want to go back again. If you are considering Dolphin Cove whilst you are in Jamaica, you will not be disappointed. Have Fun! :)

Visited December 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction