“Dolphin Cove - Ochio Rios” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
Northfield, Minnesota, United States
“Dolphin Cove - Ochio Rios”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have been to many of these programs. I truly enjoy being with the dolphins. I got a free dolphin touch program in Ochio Rios which yes that was nice. My program though started 20 minutes late as an employee was late back from lunch. The person taking pictures was not patient, and did a poor job.We were rushed out so the next group could come in as they were behind in the time because of a late employee. I am being critical yes. I have visited many Dolphin Coves around the tropics. This was by far the worst that I had experienced.
Doing a dolphin touch program is what started it all for me. Every time I travel I go see dolphins. I even did a dolphin training program. I am pretty reasonable, but the pictures on line made it look way better.
The sting ray snorkeling was ok I seen one in the entire space we swam in. I was all over and it was hard to find the one I seen. I was very disappointed.

Visited October 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

dolphincoveltd, Manager at Dolphin Cove, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I am very sorry you did not enjoy yourself. I have forwarded your complaints to all the relevant departments. Although we do not like to see bad reviews we do value them and will gladly take them so that we can improve. Thank you for the time you took to give us this review and rest assured that we always make improvements based on information people like you provide.

Clearwater, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Dolphins were the best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Swimming with the dolphins was amazing! They were so friendly and well taken care off. The employees were very nice and helpful. I just wish you were with the dolphins a little longer. The park is awesome! The view and the pirates walking around !

Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Good Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Dolphin Cove and we ended up getting a great deal through our westjet rep at our resort (Sunset Grande). We did the dolphin encounter. They we got to interact with sting rays, iguanas, parrots, bunnies, birds etc. It was a fun time. They also have canoeing and jet boats (allot of fun). The jerk chicken was amazinggggg. We ordered 2 plates od jerk chicken with a drink and a coconut for $30.00. They have lockers here for rent which is nice but be SURE to wear water shoes. It can be very slippery walking around there. Bring money... there is a gift shop and bars and food.

“Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

For the price you get such a great all day experience! We did the dolphin swim which was only $100 per person (I did the same thing in Mexico and it was over $200). But this also included snorkeling with huge stingrays! As well as glass bottom kayaking over coral. And a mini boat ride out in the ocean. And a place to feed love birds. They also had little gift shops. Everything we did was sooo much fun! I also paid extra to do a once in a lifetime experience of snorkeling with a nurse shark. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! You get to hold them and feed it. The trainers are great and funny! We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited June 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was well worth the money! We did the Ultimate swim with 2 dolphins! Its a bit more expensive but defiantly worth the price! I have always wanted to swim with a dolphin and got to interact with 2 of them! The staff were great in telling you what to do and not do so they made it more relaxing. The group is small enough that you are cheering each other on because it can be intimidating with the animals. Our group had a blast. I bought the CD and DVD. It was $100 but you also buy the rights to it so you can make copies of the pictures. We booked this together along with Dunns River Falls. Travel time from Montego Bay was about an hour and 20minutes. We stayed in Montego Bay. A must do when going to Ocho Rios!