“Decent” 3 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #4 of 19 Nature & Parks in Ocho Rios
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
New York City
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It was okay. We were only interested in the shark and sting ray activity. We went on a non-cruise day so it wasn't crowded. Our private tour company set up our ride directly with dolphin cove. It was a dolphin cove bus we took and if i had known that...we would have just booked with dolphin cove directly. We backed out of the shark excursion because of the price and you can't take your own pics. Snorkeling with sting rays was great. They didn't force a time on you to stay in the water. It takes FOREVER for them to print out your pic in the video room. So plan accordingly if you have a bus to catch. The only downside is their policy of waiting on guests if they're not back on the bus in time. They didn't enforce it and had us waiting for 45mins for a couple. I was pissed! If people aren't back on time..then its their loss. Enforce your own rules for waiting. Don't book directly with dolphin cove for your travel!

“Awesome experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We decided last minute to add this excursion as we had already done 2 others. Best last minute excursion we ever made! Swimming with the dolphins was quite the experience, one that I will never forget! The staff are quite friendly and helpful and this was the only place we went in Jamaica where the staff did not demand a tip. The entry fee included swimming with the sting rays, a shark show, bird sanctuary, glass bottom kayaks, mini motor boats... and more! It is a bit pricey and they get you with the pictures and Dvd (not very good quality!) The rest of it was awesome! Do

Moose Jaw, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“swimming with the dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Im not really into big "touristy" attractions, but have always had a love for Dolphins and always wanted to swim with them at one point in my life..so being in Jamaica on my birthday I decided to go alone and have a day to myself doing something like this just for me. It was amazing, and I loved it and would recommend this to anyone. I wish I would have gotten there first thing when it opened as there are so many activities and things to see and do. I was upgraded to the ultimate package, so first thing I did was watch a shark show, which was entertaining and the staff were great..then it was off to the jungle for a while to stroll around and stop at different spots, like parrots, lizards, snakes and other creatures..you could have your picture taken (on your own camera) and learn more about these animals, staff again were very good and friendly and helpful...then it was off to the dolphins where about 8 of us were put in the water and instructed as what to do and not to do..we each had a turn at being pushed up in the water by two dolphins, and we each had a turn holding two dolphins fins while swimming with them...and had a beautiful kiss by both (all the time pictures are being taken by the employees that you can buy at the end of your day = these pics, videos, dvd/s are not cheap, but this is a once in a life time adventure, so I happily paid for the memories) it was such a wonderful time spent with these beautiful gentle creatures...I then got to hold a stingray and learn more about them, and then was off to snorkel and saw more stingrays and a lot of beautiful colored fish...we then went on a speed boat ride up along the coast line, seeing dunns river water fall and other shore attractions...then it was time to gather up my dvd of the day and call it a day...I did not have time for the glass bottom kayak that was also included, and would have enjoyed this also Im sure...I never ate or drank there either, but they have many options for food and beverages as well as souvenirs. I find the prices here to be higher than what I would pay in town or at any small local place. (why pay 5$ for a Red Stripe, when I can get it for 1$ somewhere else) the staff all throughout the day were helpful and fun and had great customer service. it was an expensive day, but worth it because you dont do this very often in your life. bless up

Visited May 2013
Geilenkirchen
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked the Ultimate Dolphin Swim directly through the website and rented a car for the drive from Montego Bay because we did not want to be crammed on a bus for 3+ hours with other people. Omar Brown from the reservations department was always very quick to respond via email and thorough with his answers. On the off-chance, we asked if they had a military discount and after providing proof, we were extremely surprised and pleased with a whopping 40% discount! (pretax $117/person vs $195)

Upon arrival we were checked in and signed our waivers within 5 minutes, then we were given our wristbands and told where the bathrooms and lockers were. Locker rental is fairly expensive considering you use it only for a few hours; $5 deposit for the key+$11 for the large locker. At our start time we were given vests along with verbal and picture instructions for how to interact with the dolphins before heading over to the dolphin enclosure. The dolphin interaction (in water) portion lasts only about 30 minutes, but was well worth the discounted rate we paid. The Ultimate Swim includes: touch/rub the dolphins, dolphin kiss (2 dolphins same time), double dorsal fin pull (2 dolphins, 1 on each side), and double nose push (2 dolphins same time, push the bottom of your feet making you stand up/walk on water), along with the usual dolphin tricks, flips, jumps, and "singing."

They do not allow you to take pictures or video yourself, but the whole time you're in the water with the dolphins, there is a staff member videoing/taking pictures that you can view afterwards and are optional to buy. Now these videos/pictures are extremely over priced, but depending on your budget and how special your trip is (i.e. our honeymoon) it may still be a self imposed mandatory item. We ended up buying the top package that included the DVD and a CD with all of our pictures on it for pretax $99, but they also have single pictures or just the DVD available.

After we finished the dolphin swim, we did some of the other included activities like swimming with/holding stingrays, watching the shark show, and holding parrots/macaws before leaving. One thing we noticed was that the little shops along the shark/dolphin enclosures had higher prices than the main gift shop that is mandatory to walk through to exit the facility; for example we bought a little pirate themed plastic "snow globe" for $12 down by the dolphins, but saw the exact same item in the main gift shop for only $8. Also, the shops near the dolphins were selling "Walkerswood" Jamaican sauces, but they won't/don't have any that you can try before buying; I took the employees word for it that one of the Spicy Jerk Seasoning bottles was very spicy, but it is actually very weak!

Visited May 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Swimming with the Dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Cove had a variety of activities to participate in including swimming with the sharks and encounters with stingrays. Of course, neither of those were activities I wanted to participate in. Also available was an activity with camels.