“Love the new dolhin Cove” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #4 of 19 Nature & Parks in Ocho Rios
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Love the new dolhin Cove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I truly enjoyed our trip to Dolphin Cove for my birthday last year.,It was a very memorable occasion. I was able to do the touch programme as well as the Sting Ray encounter, it really make you feel like you have transcended to another level.

Visited July 2012

“Absolutely amazing a must do in Jamaica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had an amazing time when we visited dolphin cove ocho Rios! It was a dream come true. The dolphin swimming experience is awesome you get to swim, touch, eanch, sing, and even get a ride from the dolphins. we had an amazing 4 year old dolphin named arby. And we had the best tour guide jermaine that anyone coulda asked for he made you feel like you already knew eachother. Definitely one of the best parts of our honeymoon!

Visited May 2013
Hughesville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“GREAT EXPERIENCE...Always get the ultimate package”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We would recommend the ultimate package (ages 10 and above)... Just to swim with the Dolphins (age 5 and above). It was a great experience and we would do it again

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not your average review...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Let me just start out by saying that this place is a gem. Absolutely stunning and all of the staff are amazing. My fiancé and I went to Dolphin Cove on the 9th of June 2013 for the Ultimate Swim package. Upon arrival, we were given a brief introduction to the establishment and told where various attractions are (Reptiles, sharks, food etc.). First, we went to the aviary where the birds will just fly onto your shoulder and eat out of your hand. They are beautiful (I believe they were lovebirds in the aviary but am not 100% certain). From there, we had photos with some parrots and macaws (the handler was amazing. Went out of his way to make sure we had amazing pictures). Further on is the Touch Pond where we held Starfish, Sea Cucumbers and another aquatic animal of which the name escapes me. Walk a little further up the hill and we held an iguana and took photos. The encounter was brief but still a lovely opportunity. I should point out that we did see a Jamaican Boa too but were not able to hold him as he was only for display purposes (which didn't bother me as I have a slight fear of snakes). From here; The Shark Show. It's about 5 minutes long and consists of 4 "pirates" jumping in the water with some sharks and feeding them. Brilliant for kiddies but is also quite amusing to watch grown men behaving like this. Our next stop was the pool of dolphins. Upon arriving here, we were let in, told to take off all jewellery as it can scratch their skin (so ladies, if you have any expensive jewellery on you, I'd leave it in the hotel safe for this one...) and given life jackets to wear. We were then given a quick description of what to expect and let into the pool. They start off by introducing you to the dolphins (one of which was called Alfie and was a baby, the other's name I don't remember) and you go on to sing and dance with the dolphins which is excellent. The trainers handle the dolphins fantastically and the dolphins swim around leisurely with you. You are also able to stroke the dolphins a few times. From here, there is a dorsal pull which is fantastic and is an experience unlike any other... Just be prepared for a face full of salt water :D unfortunately, this is where our time at dolphin cove ended as my fiancé dislocated his shoulder whilst doing the dorsal pull. Not the fault of the dolphins as it was an underlying injury which just happened to occur at Dolphin Cove. From here, everyone acted quickly. Myself and another staff member dragged my fiancé from the water and got him to the main desk where we were taken by car to a local hospital by 2 members of staff (Kerisha and Jeffrey). My partner was forced to stay in overnight but Kerisha and Jeffrey stayed with me for 10 hours and did not leave my side. They got me food, drink and anything I needed whilst waiting for my fiancé. They transported me everywhere for 2 days and picked my fiancé up from hospital today (10/6/13). We went back to dolphin cove today and spoke to the owners (who were worried sick) and dolphin trainers who helped haul my partner out of the water. We were also given the opportunity to stroke another dolphin (as we were unable to enter the water due to my partner's condition). We were then given a complimentary snack and DVD with photos of us and the dolphins. Everyone here was amazing and so friendly and our experience could have been a whole lot worse had it not been for the staff and owners of dolphin cove. A special thanks to Kerisha (who helped me in the hospital) and Jeffrey (who drove us to and from the hospital and got us food and drink even though it was his day off). A massive thank you to the owners too who payed for the registration fees and X-ray bills in the hospital. We owe them so much and will never be able to repay them for their kindness in any other way than by telling you what an amazing bunch of people they all are and how Dolphin Cove is DEFINITELY worth the visit! (we will be returning again and again...)

Visited June 2013
Arlington, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Dream Come True!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've loved dolphins and have always wanted to do "swim with dolphins". We had Nina and Skye and they were in a good mood that day which made our trip A+++! People at DC were nice and very helpful. We also did the "snorkelling with stingrays". The place is well maintained. The forest had interesting animals. I was so happy to find guava jelly while I was there. It was favorite spread while growing up in the Philippines.

Visited July 2012