“Dolphin Cove” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Owner description: This magnificent property has a natural cove which is surrounded by 5 acres of lush tropical rain forest. Visitors have the opportunity to interact and "Swim With" dolphins, enjoying the thrill and love of these amazing lovable animals. Visitors can also swim with, hold, feed and learn about the evolutionary secrets of the Caribbean sharks. Visitors can capture their dream of being a dolphin trainer by taking the challenge of being "Sea Keeper" for the day. Voted as Jamaica's Number One Attraction for a reason. Come for the day, for memories of a lifetime.
Woodhaven, Michigan
“Dolphin Cove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great experience with the dolphins and hand feeding the love birds. The photo package was a little over priced but was able to buy single shots for $13 each. Food was good at the cafe and the staff was friendly.

Visited January 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Good Experience with lots to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I booked an excursion to Dolphin Cove using Tour Wise from a Montego Bay hotel. Our guide for the day, Tracey Morgan, was excellent from start to finish! She made the hour and a half bus ride from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios entertaining and informative by giving explanations of things we drove by and history/facts of the country. I cannot say enough about how wonderful "Mama" Tracey Morgan was!!

We arrived to Dolphin Cove to "check-in" for the day. This process could have been streamlined better as we waited there for approx. 20 mins. to sign in, get wristbands, then get back on the bus to drive back 5 mins. towards Dunns River Falls to climb the waterfall. When we got there- we had to wait again to check in there, as well as a very long line of anxious people. About an hour later, we were finally able to start climbing the waterfall- it was a great experience we'll never forget!

After the waterfall we got back on the bus and headed back to Dolphin Cove. We spent a few hours there getting a bite to eat, swimming/snorkleing, holding a stingray, watching the Shark Show, kayaking, mini boat rides, and of course watching the amazing dolphins. While we did not actually sign up to swim with the dolphins, we still got to get very close to see the tricks and stunts they did with the other tourists. It was a fun day with lots to do! I would definitely reccommend this excursion to anyone- even if you are staying all the way in Montego Bay... it's worth the drive!

Visited January 2013
Dallas
16 attraction reviews
“Finally get to play with Flipper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was one of the best outings I participated in here in Jamaica. The dolphins were very well trained and entertained our whole party. It's amazing to see the dolphins gliding people over the water. I even got some amazing pictures with the rainforest animals in the other section of the park.

Visited December 2012
Yateley, England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“a oncein a lifetime Must do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Definitely go for the full package if you can afford it. Photos/videos are quite expensive but worth it and you can not take yr own.

Visited October 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“Not Worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I went to Jamaica on our honeymoon and one of my only requests was that we swim with dolphins. My husband agreed and paid for the excursion when we booked the room. Had we waited we would have gotten a free upgrade that would have saved us a lot, but we didn't get that.

Hurricane Sandy blew through during our honeymoon so a lot of our activities were cancelled or postponed. Our dolphin trip was still on but NOTHING else was opened. We were not able to swim with the stingrays or touch the sharks. We only swam with the dolphins which was a group of 6-8 people with 3 dolphins. We each got to ride on the dolphins for one turn. We got about 30 minuets with the dolphins but it was not one on one time like I thought it would be. We spent about $500 for my husband and I and we could not wait to get back to our resort because Dolphin Cove was soo overrated!! And pictures cost $15 each... or you could a DVD but their printer wasn't working so if you wanted a picture you HAD to order the DVD! We WILL NOT ever go back to dolphin cove but I do hope to get a one on one experience with dolphins somewhere else!

Visited October 2012