We just returned from our wedding/honeymoon at Couples Ocho Rios, and we're rather disappointed in the hotel. The service was exceptional and the staff is very friendly, but we had hot water fewer than half the times we (attempted) showers, no water temporarily for a couple of days and we couldn't even flush our toilet. The elevator and a/c were not working one whole day. Also ants in our room and the bathroom was in serious need of a facelift--gray grout in the tub, cracked sink, etc. We stayed on the fifth floor, oceanfront.
As far as the wedding ceremony, the photographer is pretty much just directing you during the ceremony for pictures and the mini reception is no more than a staged photo op. The photos did turn out very nice, but it seemed strange to have pictures of a "fake" reception.
Although the service was excellent, as was the food, we would not go back. We had the expectation of hot water and flushing toilets at our round-the-clock disposal and the hotel did not meet those basic expectations. The manager, however, has been attentive and gave us a one-day refund (we stayed 7 nights). Even so, this was our wedding and honeymoon--a first for both of us--and the hotel was so lackluster that it did cast a negative light on our trip for much of the week. My husband and I are both laid-back travelers, but this hotel simply didn't meet our most basic expectations. If I could do it all over again, I would do another destination wedding, but not at Couples Ocho Rios.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios