We visited Couples Ocho Rios for five spectacular, amazing days in May. We had never tried an all-inclusive before, but from reading reviews and going on the Couples website we were expecting A LOT! Our trip exceeded all of our expectations and dreams! The ride from the airport was long, but our driver was great and kept us entertained along the way. We were able to get to know some fellow guests at the resort, and ended up spending time with them later in the trip as well. Our reception at the hotel was friendly and efficient - and then we saw our room! WOWOW! We had splurged for a one bedroom suite and it was lovely. The chilled champagne and chocolate tray that were waiting for us were just an added bonus.
I can't say enough about the staff - they were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Their open smiles, pleasant conversation, and general joie de vivre made every day special. We had only to ask and our requests were answered. We felt spoiled and pampered.
The food was wonderful! The pool party and beach party buffets are guaranteed to add pounds! So much to choose from, and all of it delicious. And the dessert bar - oh my! We also ate at Bayside and Le Gourmet. Our fav was Bayside. Sitting over the water while sipping champagne, watching the sunset, and being seranaded by a roving flutist - what more could you want? Well, I suppose you could also want outstanding food - and you get that at Bayside as well!
The drinks were top notch and delicious. My spouse loved the rum punch and stuck with it for most of the trip. I decided to see how many different drinks I could try! My favorite was Evroy's Delight. Now the trick here, is that only Evroy knows how to make it!!! I had to keep my eye out for him so I could order my favorite again. I often asked the bartender to make me his or her special - and was never disappointed.
We loved that you could be as busy - or as lazy - as you wanted! We tried to do one "event" each day, and then spent the rest of the day lounging on the beach or visiting with others in the pool on Tower Island. We went snorkeling, and learned to Scuba, and did the catamaran cruise, and went to Dunn's River, and on a Canopy tour. And we just barely scratched the surface of the activities available. All the activities were very well run, and we felt well cared for and safe.
An unexpected bonus was the commraderie that is experienced with the other guests. The resort is fairly small, so when you meet a couple on your snorkling trip you are likely to see them again at Dunn's River and at the beach party and floating out in the water! We met so many wonderful people from all over the world and had a great time getting to know them. Yet, it was also easy to be alone - just a couple in love!
A special thanks to the management of Couples for the free massage we received as a gift for our anniversary. We were so relaxed already that I am surprised we didn't just melt into the tables!
Couples Ocho Rios was the perfect place for our 25th anniversary. We plan to be back, hopefully for our 26th!
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal , Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.