My husband and I traveled to CTI May 29-June 5 for our 5 year anniversary and his 30th birthday celebration. We've always wanted to travel to Jamaica, and we had heard from friends that the Couples resorts were top notch. After much online research we felt that CTI best suited our travel desires.
We arrived in Jamaica and were immediately shown to the Couples Lounge where our bags were tagged and we were sent to the bar for a complimentary red stripe or two. We were on our way within 10 minutes of arrival at the lounge. The ride to Ocho Rios took approx. 2 hours with one bathroom/beverage stop along the way. When we arrived at the resort we were greated with a Jamaican band, cool towels and rum punch. Check-in was a breeze and then we were off to our room. Our porter gave us a small tour along the way and explained some of the all-inclusive features CTI offers for in-room drinks and room service. "No problem mon!" We were in a delux ocean view room (building 4), and we definitely recommend spending the extra for the upgrade! The room was large and the view was second-to-none, even though we were only on the 1st floor! We had a great view of the island and it was wonderful waking up to a view like that! I've read some reviews where people in buidling 4 had issues with the noise from the pool bar, we never had a problem with it. The pool bar hours are such that it doesn't open until well after we were awake for the day and it closes before dusk so it never interfered with sleeping. After getting situated we made our way down to the pool bar for a quick snack (snapper sandwich and jerk chicken are amazing here!) and then took the afternoon tour of the resort. We'd highly recommend this as it only takes 20 minutes or so, and then you know where everything is at the resort!
All 3 a la carte dinner restaurants were fantastic. We especially enjoyed the Verandah which was the Carribean themed restaurant for it's unique blend of ingredients-something we wouldn't get at home in northern MN! Garfield was our favorite server/bartender's assistant, he always had the biggest smile whenever he was working! We also enjoyed a daily lunch at the veggie bar. The sweet potato chips and dips were fantastic, our favorite dip was the plantain lime dip. They also had delicious sandwiches, fresh coconut water, fresh fruit smoothies, and fresh juice everyday. We also took advantage of room service two mornings for breakfast. We ordered champagne and pineapple juice the night before (as they don't start delivering alcohol until later in the day) and made mimosas with pineapple juice vs. orange to go with the assortment of fruit and pastries we ordered. We thoroughly enjoyed having breakfast on our balcony with the great view of the island!
The drinks left a little to be desired. While they were delicious, we felt that the liquor may have been a little bit watered down. Several other couples we met had the same experience.
Take part in as many or as few activities as you want-that is the mantra of CTI! We chose to do Dunn's river falls, the sunset catamaran cruise, a snorkeling trip, and we used the stand up paddleboards, kayaks and took a sail out on a Hobie cat sailboat. We loved Dunn's, we only wish we had gone earlier in the vacation because we probably would have made time to go a second time if we would have done it sooner!
We didn't feel the beach was as small as a lot of the reviews made it out to be. It was actually kind of nice not having a huge beach to have to get across to participate in different activities, go get snacks, etc. Another plus, there were always plenty of chairs in both the shade and in the sun. Same goes for the pools, we never had trouble finding a spot. Another thing we loved about CTI was every chair had a water lounger to lie on in the ocean or pool. It was so nice to not have to wake up at the crack of dawn to try and reserve spots on the beach!
We were also very impressed with how friendly everyone working at the resort was. We never encountered a single person who didn't seem to love their job! This was a refreshing change from the all-inclusives we've stayed at in Mexico and Dominican Republic.
I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a wonderful vacation-whether it be relaxing, adventurous, or a combination of both! You will not be disappointed in CTI!
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.