“Just average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Save Saved
You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
NYC
“Just average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

First I would like to say I am a born and raised Jamaican and love the couples concept. However we were not impressed with Couples Tower isle. For the price we paid the rooms were old, tired and worn. The grounds look good but not immaculate. Below i will give pros and cons of our trip. we stayed 8 days.

PROS:
1. staff is very friendly
2. Food wasnt great but ok
3. drinks were very good
4 grounds have hidden jacuzzis, was fun searching for them
5. excursions are awesome alot of activities included in the price

Cons:
1. terrible rooms, felt like 3 star
2. beach is small and not impressive
3. would be nice if they made the island nude sometimes and regular at other times so all guests get to enjoy it.

To conclude, I think couples tower isle need to see some of the rooms that mexican resorts are offering at a cheaper price...

Room Tip: We dont like the rooms here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Couplesops, Manager at Couples Tower Isle, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for spending your holiday with us at Couples Tower Isle. It is always a pleasure to host guests of Jamaican origin; however we regret that your expectations were not met in some areas. We want to assure you that your feedback is very important and hope that you will return to a Couples Resort in the near future.

1,981 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our wedding at Couples Tower Isle is the most delightful experience my husband and I have ever shared. We decided to get married in early January, which happens to be a lovely time of year...when you’re in the tropics. And in retrospect, we wouldn’t do our wedding any other way.

Our wedding budget was limited, so we made an original booking and eventually canceled it in lieu of a random, significantly less expensive Wednesday Escape 93 days before our selected travel dates. (Changes can be made as close as 90 days in advance with no penalty!) Airfare was the next challenge, and after a great deal of research, we found that airlines are least expensive approximately three months before travel, on a Tuesday, before 3:00 p.m. Also on a financial note: bring somewhere between $100 and $300 in small bills for tips and souvenirs. Unless you want some Jamaican currency as a keepsake, it’s a pain to change money over, and the ATM at the resort wouldn’t process our request for no apparent reason, so we found ourselves very limited in our purchases due to not having enough small bills. ($1’s and $5’s.) The resort brings in a vendor each day, and they frequently have lovely artwork for sale. Trust me, you’ll want more money than less.

Descending onto the island of Jamaica was a spectacular view by air, and I was truly surprised to see how mountains just rose up from the sandy shores! Once we got past customs and into the Couples Concierge, we enjoyed water and Red Stripe on tap (Much nicer than the bottled Red Stripe found in your local grocery.) and we were escorted as a group to a van, which transported us to Couples Tower Isle. Despite the lengthy ride, the driver delivered fascinating facts about the area, and we were not bored. We were greeted at Couples in the classic Couples way, with a cool, damp cloth for our foreheads and necks, and a wonderful fruity beverage. From the lobby was a view of the ocean and the sea breeze calmed me like nothing else could!

My then-to-be husband and I chose to change quickly to more airy attire and we joined a tour right away, which we would recommend, because knowing where the essentials are and how to access them helped us ease into the resort immediately. We then enjoyed dinner at Eight Rivers, where it happened to be lobster night, so we dined on the best lobster we had ever tasted! (By the way, any and all of the bisques at Eight Rivers are also guaranteed to be the best you’ve ever had.)

The week flew by. Because of the wedding and all of the arrangements pertaining to the event, we did have appointments to keep, so we couldn’t totally forget that time existed. But the wedding was spectacular. The spa where I had my hair and makeup done by the talented Tracy - who rushed in on her day off to take care of me - was beautiful, cool, and calming. And Latoya, the wedding planner, is so sweet. While I was preparing to walk down the aisle, I was focused and collected, which was a wonderful state to be in when you’re about to vow to spend your life with someone. We got married by a sea wall, under a solid wooden trellis with a view of Tower Isle in the background, and it was shady and private and lovely.

Unfortunately, the ocean was very turbulent the week we visited. Normally, around Tower Isle, there is a reef that breaks the large waves and keeps the waters at the beach quiet. However, we experienced such choppy water that full palm trees washed up on shore, and every day was a red flag day, meaning all of the water activities were off-limits. Never fear! My husband determined that was reason alone to visit again this year! Instead, we took frequent walks around the resort (He and I love to walk and talk!) and spent a good deal of time reading while resting on the sandy shore, Hummingbirds (My favorite mixed drink of all time!) in hand.

The dining was spectacular! We tried all of the restaurants and returned to many of them as frequently as possible. I wanted to eat all the time, and normally, I have a small appetite! I still crave the foods that I experienced. Every dish was bursting with flavor, and if Couples produced a cookbook of their signature dishes, I would go to every end to try to replicate what I had the pleasure of tasting there. Chocolates are a scarcity during some seasons, so I didn’t partake in many rich desserts, but I had no room for them anyway. (By the way, chocolates are always a favorite gift to the staff since tipping is not allowed, and trust me, this staff is so fabulous that you will be devastated to have no good way to thank them.)

My husband and I loved Couples. We still often wake up in the morning and admit that we dreamed about being there – again. We have already booked our return trip for next year, and intend to vacation there every year on our anniversary. I can’t think of a better place to go to keep the romance alive and thriving.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in a Premier Ocean Suite and it was delightful! The views from the balcon...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful setting, excellent service, fantastic food! If you are hesitating, don't! The jerk chicken is awesome - I think we each ate it 7 or 8 times! Francin at 8 Rivers makes you feel like you are royalty. We met a ton of great people & had just a super time! I would recommend Couples Tower Isle to anyone. We had a deluxe ocean view in room 4110 & would request it again as it has a very nice view of the ocean & the island. Go & enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thanks to my husband's friends, we booked this Memoiral day trip to CTI.

Info:
-Booked using Apple Vacations

Arrivals:
An Apple Vacation person met us and offered us drinks at the Montega Bay Airport while we waited for our van.

At CTI:
CTI had the most amazong view in the lobby. Seeing the island as you enter the lobby made felt like I was in paradise (away from everything). The check-in was smooth and we got an Ocean View view room (3rd floor) facing the pool and near the general dining area.

Our room was very clean and I loved the smell of the trees and the ocean (NO MOLDS FYI). After an hour of settling in, we had the tour of the resort. Janice was our guide. She greeted everyone with a smile and was always on the GO. She is very approachable and also interacted with everyone.

FOOD:
SMOKED SALMON & CREME BRULE EVERY SINGLE DAY---- I can't complain :)
The food at the buffet area was excellent! They had (i think) Cod every day as well. I am not a picky eater so I tried almost everything they had. They had 2 restaurants (Eight Rivers & Bayside) that you can dine in the evening that needs reservations. I liked the ambience at the
Bayside better. Eight Rivers was more of a formal dining. Food at both restaurants was really good. The servers were very polite.

Oh JERK chicken by the pool is awesome!

DRINKS:
TING!!! <- the best TING!
BOB MARLEY SHOTS! <--yeah mon!
PEACHY/ PEACHY DAY <--Had this drink at the Bayside -this is not in the menu but the lady made it for me

My husband and I decided to do the Island dinner as my advance birthday dinner. Jermaine was our server that night. He was very nice and made sure that we were comfy and everything was good. I just loved it! It's not everyday I get to have a fancy dinner at an Island?! :)

You will never get bored at CTI because they had a lot of activities you can sign up for. We did the snorkeling, Scuba dive, Kayaking, beach volleyball, hobbycat and EVERYTHING IS COMPLIMENTARY. There's a lady at the lobby who can help you with excursions (zip line, bobsled, swim with dolphins, etc.)

My husband and I really had a great time and have decided to go back on one of our anniversaries (maybe try Couples Negril or Swept Away).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saginaw Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

we just returned from Couples Ochos Rios Tower Isle thisn wa our 8th year in a row and each year it keeps getting better..We will be going back again next year if all is good !!! Couples Tower Isle has everything anyone can want in a resort with all inclusives..from the staff ( no staff at any resort can be better to the food,,drinks and entertainment and the beach parties to the lawn galas nothing beats this hotel

Room Tip: if they are available take the delux ocean view only a few dollars more but really worth it !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a beautiful Premier Ocean View room on the second floor of the main building, 3210. It had a gorgeous view of Tower Isle, the au natural private island owned by the resort. There were flowers on our bed every day and the room was kept very clean. The food and drinks were so good that I couldn't get enough! Now I've gotta work off those few extra pounds I gained!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I booked couples for a delayed Honeymoon. This is our third time back to Couples Tower Isle and fourth time back to a couples - we went to Couples Swept Away once. We prefer CTI over Swept Away because it draws a more relaxed crowd and you can get an ocean front room at an affordable price. At Swept away it is more of an ocean view, unless you are beach front. We think the restaurants are superior at CTI. 8 Rivers and Bayside are delicious! Donald at the veggie bar is a delight. He is so friendly and works very hard. They offer such interesting veggie options- like pumpkin nut kibbeh, which I wouldn't normally order, but it was delicious! My husband would frequent the grill for jerk chicken. It

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!