“A wonderful resort - you won't be disappointed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Save Saved
You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
Wisconsin
“A wonderful resort - you won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful setting, excellent service, fantastic food! If you are hesitating, don't! The jerk chicken is awesome - I think we each ate it 7 or 8 times! Francin at 8 Rivers makes you feel like you are royalty. We met a ton of great people & had just a super time! I would recommend Couples Tower Isle to anyone. We had a deluxe ocean view in room 4110 & would request it again as it has a very nice view of the ocean & the island. Go & enjoy!

• Stayed May 2013

1,967 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thanks to my husband's friends, we booked this Memoiral day trip to CTI.

Info:
-Booked using Apple Vacations

Arrivals:
An Apple Vacation person met us and offered us drinks at the Montega Bay Airport while we waited for our van.

At CTI:
CTI had the most amazong view in the lobby. Seeing the island as you enter the lobby made felt like I was in paradise (away from everything). The check-in was smooth and we got an Ocean View view room (3rd floor) facing the pool and near the general dining area.

Our room was very clean and I loved the smell of the trees and the ocean (NO MOLDS FYI). After an hour of settling in, we had the tour of the resort. Janice was our guide. She greeted everyone with a smile and was always on the GO. She is very approachable and also interacted with everyone.

FOOD:
SMOKED SALMON & CREME BRULE EVERY SINGLE DAY---- I can't complain :)
The food at the buffet area was excellent! They had (i think) Cod every day as well. I am not a picky eater so I tried almost everything they had. They had 2 restaurants (Eight Rivers & Bayside) that you can dine in the evening that needs reservations. I liked the ambience at the
Bayside better. Eight Rivers was more of a formal dining. Food at both restaurants was really good. The servers were very polite.

Oh JERK chicken by the pool is awesome!

DRINKS:
TING!!! <- the best TING!
BOB MARLEY SHOTS! <--yeah mon!
PEACHY/ PEACHY DAY <--Had this drink at the Bayside -this is not in the menu but the lady made it for me

My husband and I decided to do the Island dinner as my advance birthday dinner. Jermaine was our server that night. He was very nice and made sure that we were comfy and everything was good. I just loved it! It's not everyday I get to have a fancy dinner at an Island?! :)

You will never get bored at CTI because they had a lot of activities you can sign up for. We did the snorkeling, Scuba dive, Kayaking, beach volleyball, hobbycat and EVERYTHING IS COMPLIMENTARY. There's a lady at the lobby who can help you with excursions (zip line, bobsled, swim with dolphins, etc.)

My husband and I really had a great time and have decided to go back on one of our anniversaries (maybe try Couples Negril or Swept Away).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Saginaw Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

we just returned from Couples Ochos Rios Tower Isle thisn wa our 8th year in a row and each year it keeps getting better..We will be going back again next year if all is good !!! Couples Tower Isle has everything anyone can want in a resort with all inclusives..from the staff ( no staff at any resort can be better to the food,,drinks and entertainment and the beach parties to the lawn galas nothing beats this hotel

Room Tip: if they are available take the delux ocean view only a few dollars more but really worth it !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a beautiful Premier Ocean View room on the second floor of the main building, 3210. It had a gorgeous view of Tower Isle, the au natural private island owned by the resort. There were flowers on our bed every day and the room was kept very clean. The food and drinks were so good that I couldn't get enough! Now I've gotta work off those few extra pounds I gained!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I booked couples for a delayed Honeymoon. This is our third time back to Couples Tower Isle and fourth time back to a couples - we went to Couples Swept Away once. We prefer CTI over Swept Away because it draws a more relaxed crowd and you can get an ocean front room at an affordable price. At Swept away it is more of an ocean view, unless you are beach front. We think the restaurants are superior at CTI. 8 Rivers and Bayside are delicious! Donald at the veggie bar is a delight. He is so friendly and works very hard. They offer such interesting veggie options- like pumpkin nut kibbeh, which I wouldn't normally order, but it was delicious! My husband would frequent the grill for jerk chicken. It

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Winder, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I traveled Apr 21-28. It was perfect, such a dream vacation! Our first time to Jamaica and we are spoiled. The rooms were nice...bed was amazingly comfortable. Bathroom was nice and clean. We booked a superior ocean view and were in building 5, which is on the side of the resort. We definitely had ocean view, but we were off to the side so it was super quiet. I would def recommend building 5! We went with all intentions of doing a lot of the excursions and activities, but it was so nice on the beach and in the swim up pool bar, that we just relaxed most of the time. We aren't big drinkers, but we did have a few each day...you must have a "Jamaican Smile"; it was delicious! We did one of the shopping trips; I do not recommend going shopping unless you can handle the locals pulling you into their shop, literally by the arm! I understand this is a poor area and they depend on the tourists to make their money, but I didn't even want to buy anything. Everyone on our bus was talking about how awful it was. My husband played golf one day; he said it was really nice and he had a good time. The gift shop on site is great for souvenirs. My husband also did snorkeling and he said it was really cool. I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed in a took a nap :) We only had 2 days of orange or red flag days on the water. We wanted to go to Margaritaville, but the bus only went at 10:30 on Monday night. We are just not night owls. Most of the couples we talked with said they weren't night owls either, so I wish the resort would keep in mind that their clientele is mostly 30s+ and would start the entertainment earlier. The entertainment was awesome though; we really enjoyed it! The breakfast starts kinda late, so if you are early risers like us, keep that in mind (I think it started around 7:30). The food was delicious! We did room service a couple of times for breakfast, it was great. We ate at Eight Rivers (delicious)...make your reservations. Other nights, we just ate at the buffet. The food was always varied and tasted wonderful. The desserts were amazing! When they say all-inclusive, they mean it! No tipping policy was great; our service was always wonderful--keep in mind it is Caribbean time, so it is not exactly what we get in America. Some employees that were wonderful and remembered us the whole time: Chavoy, Henricay, and Maxine. This trip was amazing and we are definitely going to couples again; maybe Swept Away next time!!

Room Tip: Building 5 was extremely quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The location was great...beautiful. The employees were the best I've ever encountered. I'm from the USA, and have traveled to Canada and Europe. There is NO comparison with regards to the staff here...great job! The food was great...(I hope the staff gets to eat it while on break, or even take home leftovers...otherwise there is great waste since there is so much food). The rooms, pools, and grounds were kept cleaned:). They really work hard to ensure the visitors are happy. They are professional, warm, pleasant people. It did make a huge impression upon my husband and myself. I can only hope they are paid well...they made the difference!

I do feel that the rooms could use some updating; such as bathroom flooring and showers. They functioned, but are old. The thermostat was a little hard to figure out.

Overall, great place!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!