I last stayed at Couples Tower Island when it was Couples Ocho Rios almost 15 years ago. The improvements are dramatic and my wife and I both left planning our return later this Fall.
We ended up in room 4208 which had a nice view of the swim-up bar and the island. I feel sorry for guests in the 3000 building as the foot traffic is loud and folks are up at all hours. The 4000 or 5000 buildings would be my first choice. The shower does flood the bathroom but your towels will be replaced during the turn-down service and at the daily cleaning so no big deal. The room was perfect for us as it was comfy and the balcony was beautiful.
I was intrigued by the garden rooms on the ground floor of the 3000 building. The gala on Saturday is loud and it goes late right in front of your room but otherwise these rooms would be nice if you are on a budget.
The Food at the gala and the Monday beach party was ok but nothing special. The entertainment was nice but the communal seating was a drag. It takes away from special time with your partner 2/3 nights. With most restaurants closing this was a bummer. The entertainment was nice however.
We tried all the restaurants and the food and service was much better than CN. I like how the staff anticipates your needs before your drink is gone. We saw this at all the beers including the swim up bar at the island.
The island was great and we spent time there each day. The people ranged from their 20's to 70's. we met some great folks and the lunch there was thoughtful though we never waited more than a minute for the boat. The poolside place was great for jerk chicken, calamari and a grouper sandwich.
We did Dunn's River and Margaritaville. Top notch excursions and transportation. The catamaran was great and the staff was hilarious. The resort takes good care of their guests.
The game room was a nice diversion for ping pong and pool though the cues need new tips. The gym was more than adequate. My wife and I went for a run outside the resort (the gate guard said to go left). The traffic is crazy and we were way too close to speeding cars a mile up the hill and down the road. Hit the treadmill instead.
Playing tennis on AstroTurf is slippery. My knees have finally healed.
The bands play until 10pm or so but the late night DJ's were fun. We tried the spa and the lockers are in plain view of the garden rooms. My wife changed there and noticed you are in plain view of the garden unless you go in a stall in the restroom. We had a couple of swinger couples approach us at the island but we turned them down and they left us alone. I think one of the guys took pics of my wife on his phone when she fell asleep on a lounge chair in a bit of a compromising position. No one enforced the no-camera/phone rule.
Wi-fi is everywhere. The staff make the difference. Book this resort with confidence!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios