Great resort, would recommend the Couples to friends/family !
We traveled between March 13-20th, 2013. We selected CTI based on online reviews from Trip Advisor.
First impressions were great, they have a lounge at the airport with Redstrip and water available while you wait for the shuttle. We were the first in the lounge, it quickly filled up and within 20 min we were boarding a shuttle to CSS and CTI. Both are in Ocho Rios. Drive took just under 2 hrs. Its a nice drive, flies by and there is a stop at a bar on the way !!
Our check in was smooth and quick, we had to put a CC on file for any resort purchases/damages. Because we booked early, we got a $200 resort credit, which we did not even know about until we bought something from the gift store on day 2. They should have told us upon arrival, as if we didn't need something from the gift shop, we may not have found out until our last day. Oh well, nice surprise and we got couples massages and some coffee for free !! Nice spa too !
After you check in, go see the concierge and book your dinner and caterman resos.
Room - very nice, we had the standard garden view, it was very nice and had a balcony
Restaurants - not as many al la carte as i am used to on vacations, but the buffet was actually really good. Pretty much your only breakfast and lunch options. There was a pool bar/grill that was open for lunch and closed over dinner but was open until 5 am every night. The jerk chicken is awesome there, we got it a few nights as late night snacks. They also have nachos with jalapenos, salsa and melted cheese and a nice sized bar type menu.
Bayside - small menu, beautiful location, we didn't have the best experience there due to the small menu, but that's only due to a dietary restriction, the rest of the resort dining facilities had better options.
Buffet - really good, probably the best resort buffet i've ever had, and to be honest, i do prefer al la carte lunch/dinner options, but this buffet was good. Lots of selections and they changed daily. Had fresh seafood and carving stations, as well as pizza, comfort food etc. We really enjoyed the buffet !
Veranda - al la carte, but no reservations, so first come first serve. We ate there once was good. Seemed like reservations would be a good idea there, as there would be lineups for dinner a half hour before they started seating. We went on our last night around 7 and we were told it was an hour + wait. Reservations would be a better process.
Eight Rivers - a la carte, reservations required, nice environment, great food. They have a salad cart, which is a nice touch !!
Swim up bar - super fun, great staff, seems like they had games there every afternoon, was definitely a fun party atmosphere on some days.
Main bar - great, fun staff. Was near all the nightly entertainment.
Piano Bar - never went in, was always busy, seemed like fun !
Entertainment - great live bands, including the two steal pan bands we saw. Leonardo Carmichael was fantastic. So were all the bands...
Caterman Cruise - amazing time and its included with your stay !! Absolutely do it !!! Fun time, they have lots of rum drinks and they are a fun crew. They stop for a 30 min swim break in a beautiful cove. They do start a dance party on the return trip...
Dunn River Falls - free trip, do it once for sure !!!!
We did a day trip to Bob Marleys Mausoleum with Courtney Taylor Tours, i would 100% recommend CTTs for any excursions. There is a tour company onsite, not sure what they offer as i didn't check it out. Not sure if they offer private tours or not, but CTT does.
Nude Island - we didn't go, but you get a decent look on the caterman cruise. There looked to be a mix of young/old, and from what i heard/observed, seems like a nice community of nudists.
Golf - I played 9 holes one afternoon, the green fees are free, but you have to pay for a Caddy and clubs , if you did not bring them. Its a nice course and if you like to golf, regardless of your dedication or skill, go, it was fun. Clubs and Caddy cost under $50. With a tip and a few beers, i spent about $80 on the day. It was a a nice afternoon and i was back by 4.
Beach - not huge, but big enough. We did not have any issues finding beach chairs, if you want a nice spot on the beach, go earlier than later. Same with the swim up bar pool...
We are planning to go to the new resort in Barbados in 2014 !!
Overall - would recommend CTI and the Couples chain to anyone/everyone... It was a fantastic experience. The staff were professional and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playground to Hollywood celebrities in the 1950s, glamorous Couples Tower Isle exudes a chic sophistication perfectly balanced by a relaxed Caribbean sensuality. Perched on the lush terrain of Ocho Rios, Jamaica—the resort seduces with breathtaking sea views, a wide sandy beach and century-old palm trees. Discover the joys of snorkeling among the reefs, windsurfing on the waves, or sailing into the sunset on a catamaran, rum punch in hand. Intricate blue tile work and jade chaise lounges offset the striking white retro architecture. Luxurious rooms boast private ocean-breeze balconies. Whether being pampered in the Zen-inspired spa—recognized as "Best in the Caribbean" by Travel+Leisure—sipping cocktails at the piano bar or indulging in an exquisite meal alfresco, Couples Tower Isle creates countless intimate moments that inspire you to return again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Tower Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Tower Isle Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Ocho Rios
- Couples Ocho Rios
- Couples Hotel Isle
- Couples Ochos Rios
- Ochos Rios
- Couples Tower Isle Jamaica/Ocho Rios