“Really nice all inclusive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Couples Tower Isle

Save Saved
You added Couples Tower Isle to your Saves list
Couples Tower Isle
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   St. Mary, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Couples Ocho Rio)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Houston, Texas
“Really nice all inclusive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We just returned from CTI after a 7 night stay. Our premier ocean room was fabulous. Our balcony overlooked the beach and Tower Isle. When we had enough of the sun we would retreat to our balcony and enjoy watching the activities on the beach and water. We enjoyed all of the restaurants and found the food very good. My only complaint was they have a very limited variety of house wines (1 white and 1 red). All of the staff were very helpful and would stop what they were doing to accomodate a request. The trip from the airport to Ocho Rios is approximate 1 hour 40 minutes but the roads are good and view scenic so it passes quickly. We definitely would not hesitate to return to CTI.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (560)
Albers, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I just want to start off with the fact that I won this trip, so maybe my views are slightly opinionated.
The staff was fabulous. I can't say enough about Byron (Luggage dude :) He was by far my favorite man there! We even included him in our wedding photos!). Kadian in activities...make sure you do the tie dye shirts. So fun. Vincent in the patio has the best smile ever. LaToya, wedding coordinator is super as well. And Fennela, at the salon...she is darn good with her hair and make-up!
Rooms: We could only do a garden view room, so I can't speak for the rest. I am certain the ocean front or view had to be better, just for the sound factor. I hated the rooms! White walls...remind me of a hospital. Bathrooms are terribly small. For a guy, this is no issue. For a girl, huge issue. No counters, just a pedestal sink. Just needs remodeling. There were no dressers or "hiding" storage for your clothes. A few shelves and that is it. Luckily we brought hangers, because there were only 3!
Food: No complaints. If you like variety, the only issue would be at the Patio. Everyday it is snapper, pasta salad, stir fry veggies....and then a few other things mixed in. Do try the shrimp calzone pizza there. It was the best! Bayside...BEST Thai food ever! Pool bar....go for the jerk burger or chicken. Delicious! Veggie Bar....Plantain chips are a must with the smoked marlin dip! We did not make it to Eight Rivers or the Verandah!
Resort...Some people complained about no beach. Yes, it is small and can be walked in 2 mins. It wasn't too much of an issue for us. The pools are small, but if there were 20 people a day in them, that was an exaggeration. (And supposedly, the hotel was filled.) My ONLY complaint about the resort grounds would be chairs! People are chair HOGS! Our last day, there were no floats, no pool chairs and maybe 2 chairs on the beach left. We were seeing about 6 people taking up 12 chairs....some in the shade and some in the sun. There was one day; management finally had to tackle the situation because of this. They really need to purchase more.
I highly recommend the "private beach dinner". It was the best steak and lobster the entire stay. We got rained on and had to move it to our balcony, but it was still worth the money.

ISSA Foundation. They do charge you $5, but you can have it removed if you do not want to donate.
My final thought on this trip....If I was in my 20-30s (Which I am mid 30s), I wouldn't recommend this if you are high energy, needing loads of dancing and wildness or even more excitement during the day. I think the average age while were there was 40-60s. Very few couples our age. It is definitely meant for relaxing. Also, if you aren't in to wind, then don't go here either. Everyday it was at least 15 mph. I would recommend Negril. Overall, I don't think I would go back to Ocho Rios. The resort staff and food makes it enough for you want to visit a Couples Resort again!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

From being greeted at the airport with drinks to being greeted at the resort with drinks, we were off to a great trip. Once we stepped foot onto the resort lobby entrance we were greeted and accommodated. Someone got us drinks, someone grabbed our bags, someone checked us into our rooms, and someone else helped us plan and set up our wedding package. There are many events and activities going on at the resort daily. My advice would be to plan out the trips and tours you want to do first thing so that everything else in between is just extra fun. The staff is the best part. Get to know the entertainment staff. Doing this will make for more fun at the various activities and shows as they do many things to involve the vacationers. My wife and I genuinely miss some of those people we got to know there.

• Stayed April 2012
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

So far this has been our best trip ever. Not only did we get married here but about 20 of our closest friends and family joined us. The staff was OUTSTANDING! Hopefully they are all still there, Damian, Rasheeba, Oma, Kadian, Latoya, and Evard! We still communicate with a few of them to this day! We met so many great people both staffers and other couples on the resort. Food was great, our room was wonderful, and there was plenty to do onsite. I'm doing this really late so I apologize. We actually traveled 12/2010 and I failed to post this closer to that time. After traveling to a resort that didn't fare so well I thought I would give Couples the honors they deserve!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to Jamaica in 12 months and we were happy to be back. After the worst travel day ever, we arrived to the hotel late and were offered drinks and checked in quickly. I had done the pre check in on the website and requested a high floor room. Our deluxe ocean view room (purchased on groupon) was incredible! Quiet room in block 4 with a stunning view of the island and beach. Our mini bar was stocked as I had requested.
Food was wonderful, including 8 Rivers and Bayside. The only disappointment was the beach night. It was held in the buffet and was not as good as the other nights we ate at the buffet.
The beach is nice but appears to be shrinking. Sitting on the beach there was a risk of your shoes and other things on the ground (and at times the chairs) washing away with the tide. We did not go to the island. On the beach, someone walks around and brings you drinks when you raise your red flag. Sometimes you have to ask a couple times but it gets there eventually.
Seats by the pool on this occasion were hard to get. We watched people save rows of seats at 5:55 am!
Watch the sunrise at least once. It is beautiful. Dunns river falls was fun but the bus ride there was the best (thanks Gary). Not all that impressed by the catamaran but booze cruises are not really our thing. Snorkelling was nice.
Staff was fantastic, friendly and accommodating. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent 11 days at CTI, first 5 days were not so great as the weather was cloudy and a little rainy. But we have no control over weather, still managed to start on the tan. The rest of our stay we had hot sunny weather. After going to a number of all-inclusives, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican, this trip to CTI was by far the best vacation we have had todate. The staff was frendly, helpful, and fun.The food was fantastic with lots of flavour and variety.There are lots of activities to be had at the hotel glass bottom boat, 2 daily snorkling outings as well as diving, all included in the price. the beach is small , but is to be expected due to location on the island. The hotel is very clean and neat. The one outing we went on was to Dunn river falls (included in price) I would highly recomend the outing as walking up the falls is fun and refreshing. Another outing is the catamaran tour (also includede in price) for some swimming snorkling and partying.

Room Tip: spend the money and go for the deluxe ocean view rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Couple Towel Isle is worth every penny. I have traveled some and the Couples Tower Isle is one of my favorites. The location, the water, and amenities are all great. The best part of the resort is the staff. The variety of dining option was grand. The unlimited premium drinks are the cherry on top. It was three couples that went together and we laughed constantly. We met a lot of new people and everyone simple had no worries. If you are a scuba diver they have some great dive sights to visit. The availability of the watersports activites gives you unlimited potential for fun.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Couples Tower Isle? Share your experiences!